The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Icy Destinations (Relaunch) OOC - Open  (Read 6286 times)

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
Icy Destinations (Relaunch) OOC - Open
« on: May 30, 2018, 01:57:04 AM »
Name: Icy Destination

Scenario:
Ten thousand years ago, an ice age swept the earth.  Glaciers expanded over the land, sucking in water from the oceans and digging gouges into the earth.  Thousands of species died out, many the largest to walk after the dinosaurs.  Why it came about is debated, but all agree that it was a bleak chapter in earth's history.
Settled in this icy land are the cities of animal-like peoples, carving out a life with steam powered tech and perseverance.  Sky Runners move all the supplies the great cities need, drag criminals and citizens to where they need to go, and explore outward to find new places to live.
For the newest crew, they’ll be tasked with moving a criminal across land and sea, and with looking for a new energy source to keep the failing industries chugging along.  And yet, in this world of possibilities just beyond the horizon, not all is as it seems.

Setting:
Steampunk apocalypse
Minimal fire arms
Eventually, the setting will localize to a single airship and will move together.  Before that, it will take place in one city, Ruinse City.
Bias between species is alright, but don't go too ham on it.
Try to get everyone in the same group, guys.  If you want a bad character, you must make a good one first.  The opposite does not apply.
Magic is MINIMUM.  Elemental powers must be kept within the range of, say, avatar.  No blood bending, no powers over death, no healing powers, no jumping the shark.  Give a description of all powers, and work with the GMs on it.

Rules:
1. No Godmoding or powerplaying.  Basic courtesy stuff.
2. OOC AND IC ARE NOT TO INTERSECT.  This means that, if something is revealed in OOC chat or on the OOC thread, you do not, for any reason, have your character immediately know about it.  Case in point: A player reveals a character's backstory, linking them directly to the big bad.  This has been hinted at IC, but the big reveal has yet to happen, and the character has told no one.  Upon learning this as a player, your character CAN NOT act on this knowledge.  This is a form of God-moding that puts a character as omniscient and often ruins what the other players want to do, dragging the spotlight back to the omniscient character and off the other players.  If I or the other appointed mods see this, you will get one warning, then booted.
3. Do not drag more people into a roleplay or OOC simply to prove a point.  If you can't prove it yourself, you should concede or leave.  That's not to say you can't ask others already in the roleplay, just don't try to use people who are not actively participating to join you side.
4. Use your learnings, people.  Proper English, in story format, is required at all times.  No stars, no chat speak, no leet speak, no exceptions.  You have spell check, you have time.
5. Do not be afraid to ask questions support each other.  We are as much Roleplayers as we are people.  Let's make this enjoyable for everyone, and do what we can to make this a good one.
6. We won’t have a posting list, but we will have a few general guides to posting.  Try to get at least a short paragraph into each post – three to four sentences – so that things move smoothly.  If you find yourself in a longer conversation with another person’s character, please don’t post individual lines.  Move to a chat log for the convo, and then edit it into a proper post.  If it runs long, break it into a few posts and post back and forth.  Note it’s both of you and it’ll feel a lot less frustrating, and save space.
I also want to make sure we don’t go too far ahead.  Try to post every page or so, and if you can’t, just give us notice and have someone in charge of moving your character with the group.
7. Feel free to make bad people for characters, but I will have a big bad for this.

Character Bio:
1. Name
2. Age
3. Gender/Pronouns you prefer
4. Species
5. Height and Weight
6. Occupation (Not everyone should be a single occupation!  Assassins are alright, but don't overdo it.)
7. Starting location
8. Magic (If you have it.)
9. Skills
10. Faults (Every skill must have an equivalent fault.  No "Person with powers over death but clumsy".  Just, no.)
11. Description (Limit of two weapons.  Not weapon types, two weapons.)
12. Personality (You don't need to overdo this, but give us some idea what the character is like.  Preferably in full sentences.)

My main character:
1. Kikara Tuns
2. 23
3. Female/she, her, etc.
4. Tiger/Snow leopard mix.
5. 7’5”, 362lb
6. Airship pilot.  (Owns her own)  Worked somewhat off the books as an exotic material worker.
7. Airship Taneris
8. None
9. Airship piloting, hand to hand combat and midrange combat, hunting, gathering, basic repair
10. Intensive repair work, long range fighting, fishing, delicate work
11. Long white and black fur, brown eyes, well muscled build.  Prefers cargo pants or heavily pocketed loose pants, high boots, three quarter sleeve shirt, vest, and simple earrings.  Sometimes wears gloves, sometimes not.  Wears a long red coat out and about.  Carries a knife and crossbow.
12. Hard working, Kikara is always up for a new adventure.  She loves the open skies and making her own way, pushing her limits to the max.  She can be short sighted at times, though, and often forgets to look at the consequences of what she does.  She's caring for those around her, particularly children, but has been known to be overbearing around those closer to her age.  Called in to get ready for a new set of work, she's docked in Ruinse City, waiting for her instructions.
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Re: Icy Destinations (Relaunch) OOC - Open
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 06:52:05 AM »
I am interested, but before I post a sheet I have to ask, are there preset religions/churches, or can my character be apart of one I devise? I plan on posting a sheet either way, but I wanted to clarify that first. Thank you for your patience.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 04:18:17 PM »
There can be, though I haven't thought of any.

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Abandoned profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 05:21:28 PM »
Name: Pyro Honest
Species: Fennec fox
Height and Weight: Height .5 m/1.6 ft (.6 m/1.9 ft including ears), weight 6.6 kg/3 lbs
Starting location: Ruinse City forgery
Magic: Fire
Skills: Casting and forging mastery, heat resistant, advanced fire controller
Faults: Little other practical knowledge, susceptible to cold, extremely reluctant fighter
Description/gear: Pyro holds the Fire Wand and can't control fire without it. The Fire Wand can absorb fire and release it later, meaning it has a positive fire storage and a zero point at which it can't emit any more fire. Its maximum storage is unknown. Pyro wears red robes with a black apron and a black hat.
Personality: Pyro is a very friendly and outgoing man, and loves to help people out when he can. However, he is also very careful. This causes him to distrust people easily if he's not sure whether they can be trusted. Fortunately, this also made sure he has never caused an unintended fire. Besides this, he doesn't believe in violence as a solution and only uses it if there are absolutely no alternatives at all.
Background (I thought I'd put it in despite I don't have to): Pyro was raised in the hotter south before moving to Ruinse. He didn't have trouble at home, but didn't have much possibilities and thus set out for a job in the larger cities. He found the Fire Wand on the way when it broke out of a shattered boulder. Interested, he had it assessed by geologists. They claimed the item to be a fraud. Pyro, on the other hand, discovered it was an ancient, magical artefact. Knowing this, he decided to use this power to its full potention for good. The forgery, as well as many steam machine operators, were grateful for the new, effortless firestarting. The fire squads got their fill too: Pyro also used the wand to absorb unwanted fires. This gave him a respectable position in the city ranks, but with the wand's limits he occasionally had to cool down forgery fire to charge the wand back up again.

This is my char. I hope it's OK. And that this RP is really gonna start since I've already signed for a few that never actually took off.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 12:24:35 PM »

1. Name: Rayleonarde "Ray" Blackburn
2. Age: 22
3. Gender/Pronouns you prefer: Male
4. Species: Raccoonis Purpalus
5. Height and Weight: 6' 2'', 220 lbs
6. Occupation: Wanderer, Cartographer, Worshipper
7. Starting location: Church of the Fractured Machine, Ruinse City
8. Magic: None
9. Skills: Cartography, Marksmanship, Zeal.
10. Faults: People Skills (especially those not of his religion), half-blind, obsessed with "holy machines/devices".
11. Description: Royal Purple, aside from two tear-drop shaped patches on his lower abdomen and neck. Right eye is green-brown, while the other is milky-white. Wears a simple robe made of cotton, but carries cold gear in a large leather backpack. Religious tattoos adorn his face. Ray's paws are scarred and ink-stained, as most of his clothes are. Carries a short saber and long mechanical musket.
12. Personality: Ray's quiet nature often belies a zealous fervor burning within. He is incredibly curious, to the point of possible harm. He feels that his destiny is to assemble something his house of worship calls "The Machine", made of strange devices that reportedly defy all known logic. Ray, though he can be compassionate, has no qualms with death befalling a crew in search of "the machine".

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Don't mess with me or YOU'LL be messed up
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Height: 11'7"
  • Weight: [SCANNER BROKEN]
  • Build: Solid and muscly
  • Currently: [RUNNING SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS...] STATUS: ONLINE | TARGET: RIOT
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 01:50:02 PM »
My Main Character:
1. Wilco Whiteheart

2. 18

3. Male

4. Wolf (Colourings are my pfp)

5. 5'3", 60 Kg

6. Tavernkeep

7. Ruinese City Tavern

8. Ice Magic

9. Ice resistant, skilled in cooking and brewery, is never without anything in food or drink.

10. Fire makes him sweat and become heavier and slower, is not a good fighter, but knows a bit. Sucks at bartering.

11. Looks like pfp, carries an Ice staff and a long bow. Is in the middle range in terms of muscle, not skinny and weak, but not bodybuilder either. He is toned, but looks slightly chubby, making him look easy pickings.

12. Wilco is friendly and warm-hearted, but he can be quiet, dark and brooding sometimes. He cares about others, and considers them either close friends, or even family, but he grew up without one, helping in the tavern since he was 12. He took it over when the owner was ill, and managed to keep it going, via new ways. He made the place popular, even to guards. He struggles with speech, and may either scoff or whimper in the company of others, no matter their size. He can become a handful, especially when excited, or down in the dumps.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 03:19:13 AM »
I like all three, though there are a few things I worry might cause issue.

Pyro: I like most of it, though perhaps you could explain the wand.  If it came out of a boulder, perhaps using a geode instead.  They form naturally, and it could tie into the fire abilities.  Even fire opal and rubies form naturally in rock, so they would not be out of place.  Otherwise, go for it.

Ray: I'd like a little closer look at your character's weaknesses.  They're good, but I don't see skill weaknesses.  Since he's so interested in machines, I'd build off that.  Lackluster survival skills (Scavenging, rope making, a lackluster understanding of weather patterns even if he understands the broader reasons behind them), Disinterest in the medical field leading to less awareness about medical issues, etc.  Even that last bit in the personality, him not caring if they die for the goal, can inform the weakpoints.  I think the character is otherwise fine.   :)

Wilco: I do like this so far, though like with Ray, I would like some elaboration on weakpoints.  How skilled is he in knowing what to use outside of what he'd find at the store?  Does he have any issues with fixing his own equipment?  Are his fighting skills weak because he's knowledge deficient, or is it something more?  Given how brewing and cooking make for a very kitchen, how does this impact his ability to function?

Other than these nitpicks, I actually like the profiles and have no problem with you all joining.  :)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 07:12:03 AM »
I’ll run it again when I get home. Thanks for the good feedback.

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Abandoned profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 06:11:01 PM »
I'll go into the wand in more detail, then.

The case is, on the way to Ruinse, Pyro sat down on a rock to rest. It turned out to be a geode with a very thin rock crust, causing it to break under Pyro's weight. That's when Pyro noticed the wand, which stood out between the other ruby inside. The wand was rather short with a ruby core that extended out to spikes on both ends. A layer of rock formed a handle around it. All the ruby has been infused with fire magic: the inner core has fire storage capacities, one spike absorbs fire on touch, while the other spike emits fire when moving rapidly.

I hope this sufficiently clears things up. If not, I'll go with it anyway, because, well... it's magic. I didn't write more background since it's not really necessary. Besides, not even Pyro knows it.
By the by, I just hope Pyro and Wilco don't get in a fight... My hobbywriting already describes such a clash. Only, there it's lava against ice. Oh well. I guess we'll find out as we go along...

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 08:20:58 AM »

10. Faults: People Skills (especially those not of his religion), half-blind, obsessed with "holy machines/devices".
11. Description: Royal Purple, aside from two tear-drop shaped patches on his lower abdomen and neck. Right eye is green-brown, while the other is milky-white. Wears a simple robe made of cotton, but carries cold gear in a large leather backpack. Religious tattoos adorn his face. Ray's paws are scarred and ink-stained, as most of his clothes are. Carries a short saber and long mechanical musket.
12. Personality: Ray's quiet nature often belies a zealous fervor burning within. He is incredibly curious, to the point of possible harm. He feels that his destiny is to assemble something his house of worship calls "The Machine", made of strange devices that reportedly defy all known logic. Ray, though he can be compassionate, has no qualms with death befalling a crew in search of "the machine".

10. Faults: People Skills (especially those not of his religion), half-blind, obsessed with "holy machines/devices". Cannot perform any sort of first aid, nor can he identify even simple ailments. Weak survival skills.
11. Description: Royal Purple, aside from two tear-drop shaped patches on his lower abdomen and neck. Right eye is green-brown, while the other is milky-white. Wears a simple robe made of cotton, but carries cold gear in a large leather backpack. Religious tattoos adorn his face. Ray's paws are scarred and ink-stained, as are most of his clothes. Carries a long mechanical musket with a copper axe-like blade on the stock.

-Things were adjusted based on your comments, Aldrea. I hope I understood them.-

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 06:36:02 PM »
Things are looking good.  :) I'll begin work on the opening post.  We may have one or two more people joining, as well.

A word of warning: I'm wordy.  Very wordy.  As in, I accidentally killed my previous RPs BECAUSE I'm wordy and have an odd schedule.

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 09:53:12 PM »
My Main Character:

1. Wilco Whiteheart

2. 18

3. Male

4. Wolf (Colourings are my pfp)

5. 5'3", 60 Kg

6. Tavernkeep

7. Ruinese City Tavern

8. Ice Magic

9. Ice resistant, skilled in cooking and brewery, is never without anything in food or drink.

10. Fire makes him sweat and become heavier and slower, is not a good fighter, but knows a bit. He was brought in peaceful lifestyle, only having to fight every now and then, so his fighting knowledge is weak. Sucks at bartering, given that he's a seller, not a buyer. He can fix most of his equipment, but he still struggles to fix some stuff, and needs either his guardian or a professional to do some work. Since he grew up in a tavern, he knows some education, but other then the basic words, grammer, and some advanced stuff, to help with the tavern, he knows very little (common?) language, so will mainly use gestures, simple words and grunts to try and get a message across. He struggles to function in society because of the lack of social life he had.

11. Looks like pfp, carries an Ice staff and a long bow. Is in the middle range in terms of muscle, not skinny and weak, but not bodybuilder either. He is toned, but looks slightly chubby, making him look easy pickings.

12. Wilco is friendly and warm-hearted, but he can be quiet, dark and brooding sometimes. He cares about others, and considers them either close friends, or even family, but he grew up without one, helping in the tavern since he was 12. He took it over when the owner was ill, and managed to keep it going, via new ways. He made the place popular, even to guards. He struggles with speech, and may either scoff or whimper in the company of others, no matter their size. He can become a handful, especially when excited, or down in the dumps.

(Hope that Helps Aldrea)

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2018, 03:26:11 AM »
Looking good.  ^_^

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2018, 07:14:41 AM »
I'll go into the wand in more detail, then.

The case is, on the way to Ruinse, Pyro sat down on a rock to rest. It turned out to be a geode with a very thin rock crust, causing it to break under Pyro's weight. That's when Pyro noticed the wand, which stood out between the other ruby inside. The wand was rather short with a ruby core that extended out to spikes on both ends. A layer of rock formed a handle around it. All the ruby has been infused with fire magic: the inner core has fire storage capacities, one spike absorbs fire on touch, while the other spike emits fire when moving rapidly.

I hope this sufficiently clears things up. If not, I'll go with it anyway, because, well... it's magic. I didn't write more background since it's not really necessary. Besides, not even Pyro knows it.
By the by, I just hope Pyro and Wilco don't get in a fight... My hobbywriting already describes such a clash. Only, there it's lava against ice. Oh well. I guess we'll find out as we go along...

If a fight happens, expect it to be anticlimatic, as Wilco needs a lot of training...

Also, He'd not want a fight, and submit, rather then look silly fighting, as he believes "Why fight when diplomacy is an option.?"

Also, this will be a new experience for me, learning to play primitively, instead of advanced.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2018, 05:27:34 PM »