The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Am i even a furry?  (Read 3834 times)

Offline Kittensofty

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
    • Awards
Am i even a furry?
« on: April 24, 2019, 03:49:35 PM »
Ok so basically i'm kinda enticed by the fandom - kinda because of the creativity? I mean it just sounds all quite fun and i really think i could meet some great people. But i'm not very up to date with what it actually MEANS to be a furry, you know? Mostly i would just love someone to guide me / convince me. :)

Offline Dazed

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Not real
    • Awards
  • Species: Raptor
Re: Am i even a furry?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 04:03:51 PM »
A step-by-step guide to finding out if you are a furry
Step 1: Figure out what a furry is - A person who enjoys artworks of animal peoples to varying degrees.
Step 2: Ask yourself - do you want to be a furry?
If yes, you are a furry.
If no, you are not a furry.

...In all honesty, though, it is what you make of it. I know that probably doesn't help much but... myeh!  :P

Offline Kittensofty

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 04:18:51 PM »

Yeah, i guess you're right! Mostly i'm just afraid of the label and stereotypes!

Ok then, right now i am :

(most likely)A furry

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 07:10:04 PM »
Yeah, don't let yourself get bitten by the idea of labels and stereotypes. A stereotype for a furry would be tossing a napkin on an airbus and claiming you've covered the subject.

The concept of "furry" is just too wide of a field and there are just too many subcultures and things hiding under that umbrella, some good some bad, and ofcourse you don't have to be part of all of them.

But the important part of it is that you shouldn't let stereotypes define you, you should decide for yourself what being a furry means to you and let noone have any impact on that definition.

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red and white, normal red fox coloring
  • Height: 5'8" Anthro / 1'4" Feral
  • Weight: 150lbs Anthro / 20lbs Feral
  • Build: Average, fluffy
  • Currently: *Happy fox*
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 07:17:38 PM »
Hi and welcome!

For me personally being a furry is really for the most part the community. I mean, we're united by the love for the art style of animal peoples as Dazed put it, but in the end it's about making friends and having a good time.

So if You're interested in making some friends and receive tons of love and nice things, and share some back, you're definitely right for the community. And if you also enjoy the style I'd say it really just is a matter of label. Call yourself furry or not, but you're welcome here either way to just chat and have fun.

If you decide to stay, do tell us something more about yourself if you can, it's nice to get to know people!
And if you have any questions feel free to ask them!

I hope to see you around!
Everyone seems to have it, so here's mine

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 02:28:36 PM »
Check out this thread: https://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=16042.0

tl;dr, you are a furry if you say you're a furry. The criteria is extremely loose, if you want to consider yourself a furry, congrats, you're officially a furry!
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";