The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: New in these parts  (Read 679 times)

Offline HaedynJ150

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Lion Hybrid
  • Coloring: Translucent white of an artic fox with timber-grey colored mane, and snow-white wings. Golden and silver heterchromatic eyes.
  • Height: 5'3" or 5'5" if you count the ears.
  • Build: Very lanky with wiry muscles
New in these parts
« on: July 09, 2019, 06:43:20 AM »
 Well, the other day at work I had someone ask if I was a furry. I was surprised when the answer wasn't no. My name is Haedyn, I'm recently turned 21, and I'm new to all things furry. I'd love to learn more about the community so that I can decide where I fit in. Feel free to ask me any questions, and make any suggestions as to where to start  ^_^

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red and white, normal red fox coloring
  • Height: 5'8" Anthro / 1'4" Feral
  • Weight: 150lbs Anthro / 20lbs Feral
  • Build: Average, fluffy
  • Currently: *Happy fox*
Re: New in these parts
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 11:29:43 AM »
Hello Haydn, welcome to the forum and the fandom!
I hope you enjoy your time here.
I think we have a starter thread like "what it means to be furry" or something. I'd link it up but I'm sure you can find it.
Other than that, why don't you tell us something about yourself? What do you like to do and stuff like that. Good starting point :3
If you have any questions about the fandom or in general, or want to chat, feel free to ask here or in a PM.
See you around!
Everyone seems to have it, so here's mine

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 01:37:46 AM »
Welcome Haedyn! Here's that thread. It's a good place to start. Beyond that, there's lot of folks here, including myself, who will be happy to answer questions about what this whole thing is about and what it means to us.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline Athlaros

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • I can't fit the Bee Movie script here!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Griffin.
  • Coloring: Various shades of brown, white tufts of feathers and a yellow beak and claws.
  • Height: 5'6.
  • Weight: 240 pounds.
  • Build: Pretty chubby and stout.
  • Currently: Yikes. COVID-19.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 05:37:43 AM »
Hello, welcome to the Forums. If you need any help, let one of us know. We are happy to help you.
  • Signature art by: Sprites by GPX. RPG thing by Glitchless.

Offline Noah Fulf

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
  • A cute little folf.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: folf with wings
  • Coloring: blue-purple fur with red accents
  • Height: 170 cm
  • Weight: 60 kg
  • Build: Dense and fit, agile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 08:17:04 AM »
Hello! Seems like you have an identity crisis! But don't worry, everything will fit eventually!
Welcome to the fandom! Here you have a plethora of things to do, many of which are very entertaining! You can chat about all things in the general chat, Rp in the Rp section...
Now, seeming that you answered without knowing, you could be inpulsive, and there must have been a reason for your coworker asked you! So from that we find two traits: impulsive and furry-like behaviur.
(What I'm trying to say is: you need to be carefull with your traits here.)
And since I am a freshman myself (2 months) it would be preferable for you to ask somebody else regarding questions and such. But if you just wonna chat, feel free to do so.
-Sayonara