The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Open species (thread)  (Read 2846 times)

Offline Aspen

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Use they/them with me. I'm okay with he/him tho
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog
Open species (thread)
« on: April 17, 2018, 06:18:57 PM »
Hey!
I don't really know where is ok to post this, but since is art related i'll post it here, feel free to move it if i'm wrong.

I'm searching for current open species to make mine. I don't have any and i think it would be fun to create some new characters.
If someone knows please post it here, and if you have your own i'd love to see your characters!

• Signature art by: Miiroku on DeviantArt

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
Re: Open species (thread)
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 08:56:02 PM »
There's been this species in the back of my head for quite a while, but it's not really a complete finished species, or anything...

Think of it as essentially a canine species that have completely evolved for nocturnal life and hunting. All their fur is pitch black, eyes oversensitive to adjust to nighttime conditions meaning that their pupils become absoluty tiny in daylight, somewhat enlargened ears, capable of using echolocation, a small flap grown over their nose that acts as a sort of amplifier for a whistling noise they can make with their nose for echolocation.

I dunno, just something to help you get ideas, maybe?