The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Here there be Dragons  (Read 3632 times)

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: coyote
Here there be Dragons
« on: November 04, 2017, 08:43:01 PM »
(A short rp between me and Lightstone involving DRAGONS.)

It started in a tavern.

Three free spirits seeking adventure came together to seek their fortunes in the area surrounding the village. There were plenty of ruins in the country side. Plenty of dungeons. For most, they were a constant reminder that danger lurked everywhere around them, but for this party of stawlwart adventurers it was a call to arms. To come and explore these hollow grounds for treasure, and here they have come to laugh in yhe face of danger and prove their bravery in the dark and treatcherous dungeons of the mountain side...

"So," sayz the fox, "Who wants to go first?"

The others shift their gaze awkwardly, seeing who  wants to enter the dungeon first. There were three beasts people in total. Xia was the most fearsome looking of the bunch. A tall, muscular hyena dressed in a loin cloth and plate mail chest plate. She carries a large bore blunderbuss with several clock work mechanisms and provided the treams ranged support.

The others are, decidedly more squishy looking. Travis, the grey fox, presumably was a solidly built skirmisher at one point in time. The luxaries of a successfull adventuring carreer are starting to spoil the vulpine, especially about his waist and hips.

He carries a pair of rapiers under his green long coat.

And then there is Talia, the ocelot. She claims to be a bard, but the rest of the part seems to check for their wallets after she leaves the room. Sporting a sleeveless leather vest that does little to cover her own portly midriff, the proverbial and literal fat cat carries a lute over one shoulder, and a dagger at her hip.

"Not it!" The cat and hyena both chorus.

"Right then," the fox rubs his eyes. "I guess I will be chivalrous and blunder off into traps first..."

Throwinger her arm around the fox, the cat laughs, "Oh dont worry. I will be right behind you my foxy chap... Composing the ballad of your heroic sacrifice."

Rolling her eyes the hyena says, "My hero..."

And so, the three enter the dungeon.

But who will return?

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
  • Species: tarwe tiger
  • Coloring: the colors of wheat bread
  • Height: 180cm
  • Weight: somewhere between 50 and 60 kg
  • Build: skinny but healthy
  • Currently: feeling really sorry
Re: Here there be Dragons
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 05:32:26 AM »
as the trio enter the dungeon they went through a few rooms and fought some monsters like giant spiders and snakes but the next room looks very important and dangerous

after they entered this room they seen complete darkness followed by a deep voice saying "who goes there" and the adventurers were completly silence

after a few seconds they see a flame right next to them wich lit a torch and the flame went a full 360 degrees to lit all torches and the trio saw what it was in that room: A Dragon. The dragon commanded two to go and stay in the other room while he talks to the third one. when he was 'Finished' with the third one the other one would go
not a signature

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 04:33:54 PM »
Everything had been going fine up until then. A few spiders and vaugly sentient monsters were hardly trouble for these adventurers. Even if Travis the fox let the Hyena take the lead in kill them. Come to think of it, the fat cat didn't help out much either other than to boost their 'moral' with an off tune melody of "Shoot the spider in the face!" Over and over again.

Bards.

And then came the dragon.

All three adventurers, wide eyed and tails poofed, huddled together in one big group.

"Oh! Hello there mr... Uh... Dragon... Is this your cave?"

The hyena slapped the fox's arm, "What are you doing?"

"Im trying to keep the dragon from making us into mince meat!" The fox whispers back. "What are YOU doing? Why are you not trying to slay the dragon?!"

"I don't see you lot helping out either!"

"I have a sword! That's like batting at the dragon with a tooth pick!"

"You think a rifle is going to make a difference???"

"I guess we will just have to talk our way out of this." The cat finally says. Her ears flatten when both adventurers exchangr glances. A moment later they are trying to push her towards the dragon.

"Well, you ARE the bard. Make yourself usefull and calm the dragon."

The ocelot whines loudly in protest as the two warriors shove her forward and leave her to fend for herself as the other dash behind a big rock.

"Guuuuuuuys!" She whines, tail curling about her legs. She looks up at the dragon, smiling nervously. "H-hi! Please p-pardon our tresspass Mr. Dragon... We mean no disrepect..."

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 05:45:16 PM »
"yeah you might not mean it but," the dragons voice got really angry "YOU DID WAKE ME FROM MY SLUMBER"the dragon looks disapoitend as the dream was just about to get exiting "so give me 1 reason I shouldnt eat you" the dragon picks up the cat and brings him towards his giant green eye
not a signature

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 06:43:35 PM »
The cat whimpers, unable to escap the visual image of being shredded by a dragon. A life time of glut and sloth has left the feline the fattest of the adventurers, something which Talia is now very self aware of.

"Well..." She begins. "You COULD eat me... If you wanted a calorie laden snack. Or.... You could release me back into the village! There is a feastival coming up, lots of dancing and singing and dribking and eating. I... Im sure I would be a better meal afterward!" And, just incase that wasnt enough the cat adds, "And besides... I'm a bard! I... I could sing you to sleep!"

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 06:52:01 PM »
"wait a fesival?" the dragon said sercastic "you thought i didnt know about that! hahaha! I need a before meal too and your not that innocent for disturbing my slumber. plus i want to see you making me fall asleep without the cozy warmth below me"
not a signature

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 07:17:54 PM »
The cat gulps. Biting down her growing terror the feline says, "Like I said, if you spare me until after the feadtival, I would be a much better meal for you! But If you must eat someone, perhaps my conpanions will do. Surely a fox and hyena would taste better than a cat!" She hardly hesitates to throw her companions under the proverbial wagon if it means sparing her from the dragon's gullet.

(Idling for a few hours :) )

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 07:25:10 PM »
tHe dragon picks up the hyenna and the fox from behing the rock "ya know what! 3 does sound better then 1 and im really hungry" he says while licking the fox
not a signature

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2017, 10:33:46 PM »
It is safe to say that the feline's words have backfired...

...horribly.

The fox is helpess as the dragon leaves his fur licked backward from his tongue. The fox tastes very much like a fox... With an aftertaste of ale...

"You were supposed to talk the dragon OUT of eating us." The fox growls.

"And you are supposed to keep us safe, useless fluff tail twit!" The cat calls back.

"You know," Xia the hyena comments, "3 does sound better than 1. Those two easily count as three people, trust me."

"Oh not you too!" The fox whines.

"Hey, I'm a shameless coward who DOES NOT want to end her adventuring carreer in the jaws of a dragon, thank you very much." The hyena laughs nervously. "You want people to eat? That's fine with me! But if you spare us, we can tell OTHERS about this place. Just think of all those tasty adventurers coming knocking on your door..."

"That is horrible!" Says Travis.

"Yeah... Horrible that I didn't thibk of it first!" Talia begins to yowl. "I don't wanna die! Im too young and fluffy! And n-now Im going to be l-lunch!" She cries, trying to appeal to the dragons heart strings.

The fox groans, "If I am doomed, please, eat them before me..."

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 04:42:29 AM »
"hmmm.... your right abou one thing" the dragon says "if i let you go you CAN tell others about this place, but how will i make sure youll do it?" the dragon drops the fox but keeps the feline and the hyena "you fox! you must tell other adventurers of this place and ill keep the hyena and the cheeta to make sure youll do it and return to this place, if you dont return in 3 days time they will be gone"
not a signature

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 12:09:13 AM »
The fox lands with a soft thud onto his rump. He blinks in surprise. Travis, not going to be a meal? A smile spreads across the vulpines face while dispair crosses the ocelot and hyena.

"You want more adventurers? You got it pal!" The fox wastes no more time scampering away from the dragon, giggling with relief as he went.

"We are never seeing him again, are we?" The cat sighs.

"You never know!  Travis could come back! After we... All asked the dragon to eat him..." The heyen falls to whimpering.

"We are so screwed..." The cat sighs again, looking to the dragon. "So... W-what happens now?" She asks, wary of the answer.

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2017, 04:48:53 AM »
"like i said" the dragon screamed "he will come ba after telling to adventures and if not you will be gone"
after a long wait when the dragon heard the dungeon closing and he knew for sure that the fox was gone he said
"but when he comes back...  you 3 and some adventurers will be gone"
not a signature

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2017, 03:36:18 AM »
The two adventurers gulp, exchanging nervous glances. Even if the fox came back they were destined to be dinner.

They were doomed...

Meanwhile, the walk back to the village is not a pleasent one, having to navigate the pitfalls of the mountain alone. All the while Trevors thoughs weighed him down. Three days, that was a considerable head start.

But could he really doom even mkre fellow adventurers to save his... Random associats?

Of course...

There was the matter of the dragons horde...

He didnt see if the dragon had one or not, but surely all of them did.

If not, even a floot of dragon hide would make him rich.

As greed filled his devious mind a plan began to form in the foxes head as he walked to the tavern...

The place where all adventurs begin...

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2017, 04:57:44 AM »
"so" the dragon said "gravry or butter, how do you want to get eaten?"
not a signature

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2017, 04:51:24 PM »
The beasts exchange nervous glances.

The cat is first to reply however, "Butter for sure." The hyena gives her a raised eyebrow but the cat continues before she can interupt. "Dont you know that adventurers are best served lightly cooked with parsly and huney glaize?"

"W-what are you-"

"What really goes great with adventurers though is the rar Snipe Berry. Gives beasts a sweet flavor."

The hyena looks confused. Snipe Berry? There is no such thing as a... Ohhhhhhhhh.

"Y-yeah! Snipe berry's. Yumy! I hear they only grow on Mount McGuffin on tge floating island of..."

"Far far far away! Surely you as a dragon have heard of it?"

(Didnt have time to do trevor xD if you want to add your own adventurer an oppurtunity is coming up.)