The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Coming Of A New Age  (Read 2697 times)

Offline Nova Starpaws

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I'm not a dog.... :c
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Help Desk
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Jakon (Jackal Dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: Nebula Scales, white eyes, dark blue hair.
  • Height: 7' 8"
  • Weight: 125lbs
  • Build: Sleek
The Coming Of A New Age
« on: December 27, 2018, 01:38:57 AM »
We started with nothing. Literally NOTHING. We did not know how to make fire. And then, someone banged rocks together. Then the first spark. And then they cooked food. They fashioned flint spearheads. They hunted. They settled down. They started farms. Tribes became villages. Villages became towns. Towns became cities. Cities became Metropolis. And then. NASA landed on the moon. Neil Armstrong said this famous saying: "One small step for man. One giant leap for mankind."  And then. The Curiosity Rover on Mars. Voyager leaving our solar system. Elon Musk revolutionizing space travel. His space craft LAND themselves on a DRONE BOAT, withOUT human help. His space craft, are almost SSTO'S. SINGLE. STAGE. TO. ORBIT. And now. By the year 2050, we could be living in DOMES on MARS. We understand Paradoxes. We can understand TIME-TRAVEL. But are we there yet. No. And we won't get anywhere if the world continues as it is. People are harrased on the streets. People of color are shot, not because some one was defending themselves. No. Because they were of color. Animals are mis-treated, dogs and cats are left on the streets to die. The people who help them are the ones we should look up to. Not the Government. The Government sits up in a high cahir, taking taxes and saying they have to cut funding so they can make funding for the military, at the same time they cut military funding so they can fill their own pockets. Now. The military. It does not matter whether they are American. Whether they are Russian. Whether they are German. Whether if they are Pakastanian, or fight for Iraq. They are soldiers and deserve the greatest honor. As if they are the Town Hero. It does not matter. They died so that their country can live in peace for another day. You would do the same. People with Autisim are made fun of because they can't do basic stuff. Stephen Hawking could not do that basic stuff. And he was the greatest Physicist of our generation. He had it worse. He had ALS. Did that stop him. No. We need to stand up for who we are. We need to stop those who are evil to this United Earth. Be it with Hand, or paw. We furries have a part to play in this to. We also take the brunt of a world of bullying. We are made fun of everyday. But do we stop being furries. No. Because being a furry is who we are. And I am PROUD of it. So don't stop. Don't ever stop being true to yourself. Make sure others know that it does not matter who you are. Us furries will accept you no matter who you are.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 02:56:47 PM by NovaKamikazi »

Offline Moonraiser

• The Nightwalker
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • youtube
    • Awards
  • Species: Werewolf
  • Coloring: Black fur
  • Height: 6 Feet
  • Weight: 180 lbs.
  • Build: lean
Re: The Coming Of A New Age
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 09:09:00 AM »
phew that was a mouthful. For the sake of time I think it best to address only a few specific topics that caught my attention. First off, Stephen hawkin is not the best example to use as he had ALS not autism . As for people with autism I cannot speak for. As for me though, I currently suffer from absence seizure epilepsy and ADHD, and people have treated me differently all my life. In my most humble opinion, it is not because of my disorders that cause people to treat me different, it is just by the fact that I am "different". Same goes with being a furry. It may not necessarily be the fact of being a furry that makes people look down on you, but the fact that you "are differrent". hopefully this added some insight to the issue?

Offline Nova Starpaws

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Help Desk
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 02:54:51 PM »
Yeah...i'm not changing the post. It took me thirty minutes to write it on my kindle. An I cover the fact that people are harrased due to being diffrent.

Mouthful? May be for you, but for me? Im only fifteen in tenth grade with a higher than college reading level. This is normal for me. It's actually less than what I would usually write. I'll try to shorten my next rants, if any.

Offline Moonraiser

• The Nightwalker
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • youtube
    • Awards
  • Species: Werewolf
  • Coloring: Black fur
  • Height: 6 Feet
  • Weight: 180 lbs.
  • Build: lean
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 03:55:45 AM »
It’s all good. I just say mouthful cause Im lazy and don’t feel like covering all your other points XD. But yeah I’m not trying to talk bad or anything, I can see you are very passionate about what you write. I was just offering some quick feedback.

Offline VeryEvilTediKiti

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 10:11:14 PM »
Ehh things aren't really that bad in a historical context.

Like yeah those are all problems that exist but It's simply a lot more nuanced then black and white morality around them.

Offline Nova Starpaws

• Boisterous Bear
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Help Desk
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 12:34:09 AM »
Go and look outside. Don't hide behind a curtain thinking everything is all right.

Offline VeryEvilTediKiti

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 01:48:25 AM »
I'm definitely not hiding behind a curtain I've been living on my own for a bit making my own money paying my own bills etc.

And yes these problems exist it's just that they never haven't existed and in times past a multitude more existed for most people completely understanding these issues without any sort of bias towards the opposing side is impossible and thus it isn't possible for everyone to come together and fully cooperate. Only in extreme circumstances where there is an obvious apparent and very active real or perceived existential threat do people fully cooperate with one another. And in cases like suffrage civil rights gay rights enough people from the other side overcame there own fears of persecution either by seeing the plight of the oppressed by there own life experiences or by seeing enough people supporting it they can express there own feelings and have someone to fall back on if there own folk don't like it.

But yeah the world if given historical context is probably as accepting as it's ever been and will keep advancing regardless of societal problems as long as those problems do not become completely crippling.

Offline Nova Starpaws

• Boisterous Bear
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Help Desk
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 01:52:56 AM »
Iv'e never meant to offen anybody. Sorry if my earlier post was harsh. Im not trying to bring a Revolution or anything, im just trying to bring to view what goes on in the world.

Offline VeryEvilTediKiti

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2018, 02:07:23 AM »
It's fine you are not wrong on there being problems and things that need a change those should always be worked towards and have through generations and generations of people who did and succeeded in the past do what you want to. Stand for whatever you believe just remember the people in the middle and on the other side are people too.

Think of it this way if Malcolm X was the leading face of civil rights there probably would have been no civil rights. The people in the middle and on the other side are people who will react to what is said so your tone and overall message really matters.

It's just recently I've seen a lot of bad activism and total misunderstanding of the other side that drives people away even to the opposition.

Offline Nova Starpaws

• Boisterous Bear
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Help Desk
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2018, 02:16:35 AM »
As I did say, even the soldiers enlisted in Iraq, or Pakistan, are still people fighting for their country and should be respected as such.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2018, 03:31:19 AM »
I wonder, now you don't have to answer this and if you don't have an answer that's totally fine, but what are you, as a person, going to do to move the world closer to your vision?

Too many people think stating a problem is enough, it isn't, there needs to be more.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Nova Starpaws

• Boisterous Bear
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Help Desk
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2018, 03:42:57 AM »
Many of my ideas involve starting over. Not like sticking ten people in a bunker in cyrostasis, then razing the world flat. No, that would never work. A better idea, would be to colonize a new planet. Leave just enough connection that we can trade information, and goods between the two plants, but largely leaving each other alone. Allowing them to grow by themselves, under one flag, so there would be no reason for war. But the main problem, we are human. And as long as we remain human, there will always be strife and war. There will not be any Utopia, as Utopia is ironic. Utopia is described as a wonderful place where everyone is equal and there is no indifference or strife. But, the actual definition of Utopia: "A place that doesn't exist"

Don't get me wrong. Im not saying we can't improve ourselves. But we will never be perfect.

Offline VeryEvilTediKiti

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2018, 03:52:02 AM »
"Don't get me wrong. Im not saying we can't improve ourselves. But we will never be perfect."

My thoughts exactly.

Also I like the forward thinkingness of your idea about colonizing a new place with new ideals that is interesting as it would create an entirely new culture most likely not bound in racial identity or national culture but founded on mutual suffering of those who where brave enough to take the plunge. I like that very forward thinking. I do hope we can figure out a way to colonize and maybe terraform mars to something like earth in these next 50 years.

Post Merge: December 29, 2018, 04:03:03 AM
Because it would be much like the wild west but with a society from the old world who does not carry quite a strong sense of racial identity with them well if things stay as they are anyway.

The wild west was very tolerant until the old world caught up such as the case with Bass Reeves hailed as a hero but once the old world caught up it just wasn't popular anymore to talk about him so he faced segregation and whatnot probably to a lesser degree but still but otherwise the wild west compared to the settled Americas was accepting of anyone who could do there job.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 04:03:03 AM by VeryEvilTediKiti, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Nova Starpaws

• Boisterous Bear
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Help Desk
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2018, 04:04:04 AM »
It will probally take LESS time to live in domes on Venus, then it will take terraforming Mars. To begin the terraforming, we need to bring carbon-dioxide in huge amounts to build up Mars' atmosphere. I will post on the carbon dioxide collection later. I have an Idea, but it's almost dinnertime. Food for the hungry dragon comes first. Then we would have to raise the tempeture of the ENTIRE PLANET to higher than 32*f(0*c) to melt the polar ice caps. Elon's first stage landing system will help greatly, if he can desgin it to work on later stages in the rocket. I also will do another post on how to "easily" send a rocket to Mars.  Then we would have to introduce, or genetically modify floura and fauna, to Mars' extremely diffrent climate. All in total, this can take hundreds of years, and by the time the terraforming is done, humans wouldv'e advanced exponentially, and has left the solar system.

Offline VeryEvilTediKiti

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2018, 04:23:00 AM »
I think with the current technological pace its probably not that far off with terraforming mars we know exactly how based on our own planet we just lack the logistics atm which could pop up in my lifetime or when I'm dead dunno lol things have been advancing quite rapidly.

I'm very enthusiastic about the idea of new cultures forming once we do take that big leap into space. I just wish I would be around to see it. Maybe and afterlife exists maybe reincarnation just wish or hope I could see it.