The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Stars Are Left (RP Thread)  (Read 16392 times)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
The Stars Are Left (RP Thread)
« on: January 15, 2018, 04:37:22 PM »
It's December 31, 1965, 11:30 P.M. The folks living in Bridgestone have reached peak party-time for New Years. The normally inky-black sky lit only by the moon was alive with spotlights, fireworks, and the smoke of bonfires. Laughter and music could be heard from nearly every household as friends and family celebrated the coming year.

You (the player(s)), find yourself(selves) in the throws of an office party. Your office party; one that your boss Mr. Edwin Blackburn allowed you to have, as he does almost every year. A pretty stand-up guy, Edwin's age has cast no ire on his work ethic. While the party roars on, it's as common as a laugh to hear someone ask "Is Edwin okay? He hasn't left his office." To which someone almost knee-jerk replies, "Of course! Eddie's always working hard."

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Hello!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec fox
  • Coloring: Bright cream
  • Height: 4 ft. 8 in.
  • Weight: 87 pounds
  • Build: Slim hourglass, slightly built, into speed and agility
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Doing a lot but on mostly. Cynical.
Re: The Stars Are Left (RP Thread)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 06:38:36 AM »
Kai disregarded the statements, and wanted to get away from the loud party atmosphere anyways. She slipped away towards her boss's door. The one man who had shown her the shred of kindness of hiring the newly orphaned 16 year old. Her work ethic was also quite high, landing her the job. She knocked on Edwin's door lightly, "Sir? Are you alright?" prepared to enter in case he had fallen or something had gone wrong.
  • Avatar by: National Geographic Kids
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 08:10:34 AM »
"One moment, please," Edwin shouted from inside the office. After the shifting of furniture and a few thuds, the door rattled as the lock was undone. A graying muzzle poked out from the cracked-open door. "Y-Yes?" Edwin, well out of character, sounded shaken, "I-I'm very busy."

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 08:59:08 AM »
"ah, alright then sir. Just came to check up on you. Is everything alright?" She asked, clearly worried. Her ears twitched instinctively, they did that from time to time.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 10:35:06 AM »
A sad smile crossed Edwin's lips as he opened the door. "No...it's not." He whispered something, and Kai would find herself at the bottom of the stairs leading to Edwin's office. She would not remember talking with Edwin, or what the room looked like, but would have a gut feeling to leave the office alone.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 10:54:34 AM »
She looked around, blinking. "The hell?" She looked up the stairs, she suddenly didn't want to go up them, a sense of foreboding heavy upon them. And she really wanted to obey that. She took a step, fighting her own instinct. But stopped. She put her back to the wall beside the stairs, slowly sinking to sit by them. "What the hell is up with this?" she mumbled to herself.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 12:33:36 PM »
As Kai sat down, who else would slink beside her than Jayce Blackburn. Edwin's second-born son. He gave her a grin, but there was a malice behind it. "Hey there, sweetheart. Party gettin' y'down?"

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 09:21:21 PM »
Her head snapped up to look at him, "Either that or it's getting you to far up." She said, a tone tinged with sarcasm. She looked back down, her ears twitching occasionally. She didn't need to see him to know where he was.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 01:14:50 AM »
Jayce chuckled. "S'why I said dad should keep you around. Feisty." He handed her a plastic cup half-full of punch, a glob of sherbert floating in the pink liquid, before standing up. "Well, if y'wanna be more talkative, I'll be around." With a wink, Jayce melded back into the party.

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Poster
  • Learning the wisdom of the wolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral Wolf
  • Coloring: White with black and grey frosting, generally a Native American feather dangle from one ear.
  • Height: big... a little over 40" at shoulders when 4 footing, over 6' standing
  • Weight: 190 +
  • Build: like a very healthy, active wolf should look!
  • Currently: learning... so much to learn!
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 01:45:49 AM »
The wolf nudges the door open and pads into what appears to be an Office party following the smell. I quietly shift to the edge of the room as I try to track the scent, it's difficult in such a crowded space.

Standing almost stone still in the shadow my nose works overtime going through the various scents, the food, drinks, canned air fresheners, and the various individuals. When no one is looking I slip under a table and make my way in the direction of my quarry, only to have him pass by, laughing menacingly going the other direction. I smell only traces of the potion on him and look around quickly to see where he may have used it.

Fuzzpaws the Wolf (temporarily)

(2 spirits, one body, one mind shared by both
Apache's call it Naake ni)

(Avatar artist unknown, will remove if needed)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 01:57:07 AM »
As Kai sat, she would feel a slight pressure on the top of her head. Edwin would pass her, a paw on her head as a support. How the old raccoon moved so silently, especially with that silver cane, was a mystery that oft circulated around the office. He hobbled himself over towards the intruding wolf, as if he knew it was there. The old raccoon peered beneath the table the wolf had hidden in, a smile spread across his face. "There you are...come on out..." In the wolf's mind, he would hear Edwin's voice.

Who are you?

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 02:06:16 AM »
She raised an eyebrow, in her mind she was contemplating the probability of it being either spiked or drugged. But if it was, wouldn't he have stuck around? She thought for a moment before taking a cautious sip. her knees sinking to the ground, leaving her sitting cross legged. She looked up, to see Edwin's hand and watched him walk off, In her mind she thought "That man is a mysterious marvel."
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White with black and grey frosting, generally a Native American feather dangle from one ear.
  • Height: big... a little over 40" at shoulders when 4 footing, over 6' standing
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 02:07:00 AM »
I initially back away from the approaching racoon, bumping into the table leg. I pad out tentatively, wary of this one... I stay out of range of the cane and stop before him, but off to one side, on the side away from the cane.

Looking up at him I stand silently...

(edited only to remove the double post)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 12:56:25 AM by Fuzzpaws »

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 02:11:41 PM »
Kai's drink tasted fine, good even. Memories of past office celebrations would remind her that Jayce was not one for giving. It was probably Ray's own recipe for the punch. As these thoughts crossed Kai's mind, someone shifted away from where they were, revealing the youngest male Blackburn. Ray had been laughing, his head tilted back in a good-natured guffaw. His vision would eventually rest on the slight fennec as she sat alone on the stairs. Ray gave the people he had been interacting with a polite bow, and excused himself as he bee-lined towards Kai, a look of genuine concern on his face.

Edwin's smile began to fade, as his brow furrowed.
Maybe...maybe you're not the one. Begone with you, wretch.
The elderly raccoon motioned at the door with the end of his cane, his already-wrinkled face creased with anger.

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 06:07:40 PM »
Seeing the facial shift of the old Raccoon, I involuntarily flinch as the cane begins to swing up, past 'lessons' driving my reaction...

Without thinking I duck under the extended cane and spin, grabbing the Raccoon's wrist firmly in my maw, strictly a reflex action from my days in the pack.  I do no damage, and freeze as soon as I touch skin, merely holding the wrist in place, with a single thought before my mind slams shut to the inrush of thought and emotion..

"no hitting"