The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Coming Catastrophe: The Search For The Guardians.(We were a bunch of idiots!  (Read 27816 times)

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
For those who didn't see it. Sign up Here, plot is also there.

*-_ Riftrun City, The capitol city, just outside the local tavern._-*

"We're all doomed, dooomed I tell you! We chased them off with our own ignorance and in that Ignorance we doomed our world, the plagues set upon us in these times are proof of our grievous mistakes!" Chanted out an old wise wizard to a crowd a few completely ignored him and went about their way, if it wasn't for the guards watching nearby some of them might have tried to beat the man, thinking he was some crazy loon, whose mind had rotted away. "Our Only hope is to find the Guardian Dragons we drove away!" To this more scoffed and walked away...
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
Into their midst walked a strange man - a Wolf, dressed in crimson Split Mail armor, with two Katanas strapped to his back and eyes that glowed blue with an unnatural energy. Each step was marked by ice appearing at his feet, then quickly melting away as each foot left the ground. His face was scarred, and bore the look of a seasoned warrior who has seen things mere mortals could not understand. He stepped in front of the old man, but did not turn to face him, instead debating going into the tavern. He had no use for the drinks and foods inside, but it seemed a good idea to appear at least somewhat normal.

He could not fathom the public's reaction if they knew what he was.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
Standing in a dark alley near the tavern, Jofan stood there, listening to the old wizard rant about the current state of things.  So far, Jofan had been left alone as not many ventured into the darker parts of the city and those that did wouldn't run to the authorities or cause a stir about his presence. Mostly, Jofan ignored them unless the unscrupulous gave him a reason to. 

As the strange wolf in red armor approached, Jofan watched the warrior with interest and noted how the ground under the wolf was steaming as the frost instantly turned to vapor in the heat.  For now, Jofan remained in the alley, watching the old wizard, unable to move much during the daylight hours.  The less attention he drew to himself, the better.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
"You  young man tell these people, what others are ignorant about, tell them that i speak the truth, you look like you've seen more than a normal man!" The Old Wizard said to the wolf who walked past. the old man motioning for the Wolf to join his 'platform' though there wasn't much to it but dirt and words.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Rayleonarde shuffled through the crowd, trying to reach the baker. Months of chopping wood and living on the street had weathered the young raccoon. He had even saved enough gold to buy a ratted old backpack and shoddy tent, and the last few coins were jingling lightly in the pouch on his belt. It was the old wizard that distracted the lad, long enough for him to trip over an overturned bucket. The pouch on his belt worked itself loose and sailed through the air, landing in the shadow of the inn, the glittering gold coins breaking free and skittering deeper into the alley.

Ray stood and chased his gold. Without it, it’d be back to bugs and berries in the woodlands.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Rayleonarde shuffled through the crowd, trying to reach the baker. Months of chopping wood and living on the street had weathered the young raccoon. He had even saved enough gold to buy a ratted old backpack and shoddy tent, and the last few coins were jingling lightly in the pouch on his belt. It was the old wizard that distracted the lad, long enough for him to trip over an overturned bucket. The pouch on his belt worked itself loose and sailed through the air, landing in the shadow of the inn, the glittering gold coins breaking free and skittering deeper into the alley.

Ray stood and chased his gold. Without it, it’d be back to bugs and berries in the woodlands.
A Young wolf girl stepped out of the Tavern and stood over the 'clumsy' Raccon ,but just stood there her green eyes glacing down at the raccoon for a moment before glaring to the nearby crowd it seemed to scare a couple people away from the raccoon ,but others didn't even bother.

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
A large dark shadow moved a step back when the Raccoon boy tripped and fell, sending his coins to scatter down the very alley that Jofan was standing in.  A few of the coins had managed to roll their way to his feet and made the dragon pause.  Jofan didnt have time to register that the Raccoon had bolted after the gold coins when the little boy ran right into one of his legs.  The large dragon froze, unsure what to do as the last thing he wanted was for the little-one to scream and draw much unwanted attention to himself. 

Jofan prayed to the gods and the guardians that the boy not scream...it had taken him a better part of the day to sneak his way this far into the city unnoticed, for the most part.  He was getting hungry and was waiting for nightfall before he was willing to approach the tavern.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
A Young wolf girl stepped out of the Tavern and stood over the 'clumsy' Raccon ,but just stood there her green eyes glacing down at the raccoon for a moment before glaring to the nearby crowd it seemed to scare a couple people away from the raccoon ,but others didn't even bother.

The one person the wolf girl's glare did not scare was this man, seemingly radiating ice and cold. His head turned to stare at her, but he never made a sound. He then looked to the old man, but his gaze soon shifted to the alley. He was not interested in the clumsy raccoon, but rather the figure he ran into, hiding there. His blue-glowing eyes narrowed, and his hand twitched, but he made no move or sound.

His gaze then returned to the old man, and when he spoke, his voice bore an unnatural, seemingly-mechanical thrum to it, and carried a cold, deathly chill. "Speaking like that, old man, is what compels others' ignorance. Others will not listen to vagaries and secrecy. They will not listen to prophets speaking of doom until it comes knocking on their door. Words do little good - actions have greater impact."
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
Ray didn’t look up at either the wolf-girl or the shadowy figure, but simply hunted down the last of his coins. He knew what’d come next, the rain of blows, insults and curses. The young raccoon braced, keeping his face downcast.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
If the Racoon ever got up or even looked at the wolf-girl he find her handing him a couple coins, that she suddenly decided to give the racoon from her own... "You look like you need this."

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
Once Jofan realized that the boy was more interested in the coins than he did anything else, he released the breath that he had been holding.  Though when the wolf-girl stepped into the alley to give the boy some coins of her own he took a few steps back before tossing the few coins, that the dragon had picked up, back at the boy. "Mmmmmm, boy should be more careful.  Attach pouch to belt so not lose coin eh" came a deep rumbling voice from the shadowy figure as it kept his wings tight against his body to try and hide what he was, though there was no mistaking the long thick tail that trailed a few feet behind him.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
The wolf in the strange armor once more turned his icy gaze to Jofan. There was no mistaking it. He was a dragon. He could see the wings and the tail. He'd seen such before. Hnh. Would this dragon be as mad as Deathwing had been, he wondered? Perhaps as corrupt as the Bronze Dragonflight? Or maybe as benevolent as the Blue Dragonflight? It was difficult to say. Finally, he spoke to him: "Many messages can be taken from your hiding in a shadowy alley, Dovah, intended or not. It matters not what you intend, if anyone saw you there, they'd assume the worst."

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
Ray glanced up, face turned to mitigate any blows that might’ve come, but breathed a sigh of relief as, instead, a small stack of coins met his gaze.
“O-Oh! Uhm...” He stuck the few coins he gathered into his pouch, and gingerly reached for the ones the she-wolf offered, still cautious. More than once the blade of a dagger bit deep into his paw for reaching.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Ray glanced up, face turned to mitigate any blows that might’ve come, but breathed a sigh of relief as, instead, a small stack of coins met his gaze.
“O-Oh! Uhm...” He stuck the few coins he gathered into his pouch, and gingerly reached for the ones the she-wolf offered, still cautious. More than once the blade of a dagger bit deep into his paw for reaching.
No dagger came the she-wolf even gently moveing the coins toward the racoon a little.

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
Jofan took another step back so not to crowd the little one as he collected his coins and huffed when he noticed how the Raccoon would flinch at every move made towards him, as if he was half expecting to get hit for an indiscretion.  When he felt someone's gaze upon him, Jofan looked up and met the wolf's eyes with his own. He did not make a move as he did not want to provoke an attack, especially with the boy and the female standing between them.  For now, he just stood there and listened as the strange wolf spoke, his words flowing out like some icy apparition.

"Mmmmmmm, this one not care what others think.  Only care what others do." he replied simply at first, his deep baritone voice seeming to reverberate against the walls of the surrounding buildings. "In alley, many not look, keep on own business, keep far away from shadows, not want to know what be lurking.  Wolf know what it see and should understand need for this one keep in shadows." Jofan paused a moment to look down at the boy before his gaze returned to the wolf "Easy for wolf to judge when wolf not hunted like rabid animal"