The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Storm Songs (open RP)  (Read 10839 times)

Offline CookieSkunk

• Skunks can be cute too...
  • Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • Mew?
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Skunk
  • Coloring: black white purple
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Build: curvy
  • Reference: [link]
Storm Songs (open RP)
« on: July 05, 2018, 02:16:07 AM »
[[Those who want to join, please GO HERE. As I said in the OOC board. This first post is going to be quite long. If someone wants to play the brother(Ornon), let me know. Tiberius is an NPC and not claimable. Feel free to be other patrons in the bar.]]

Were Isetta to say that it was a dark and stormy night, she would be lying. While it was dark, it was far from stormy. This was one of the hottest summers that she could remember. The weather outside was clear for the 6th day this week, and the 7th week straight. There hadn't been so much as a sprinkle, and nary a cloud in the sky. Taverns found that they had to limit the drinks that folks were ordering, as they were running low on their stocks due to the mass of people using ale to cool themselves from the scorching heat. Were a farm maiden to drop an egg, it would fry almost instantly.

Isetta stood outside, looking at the stars, trying to figure out what she wanted to do to cool off. She already had taken her armor off and was wearing scant more than her under garments. She stood on the highest roof she could find, letting the only slightly cool breeze work over her flesh as she looked out over the land. Why, oh why, did she have to live in the only town on the continent that wasn't on the coast or a river?

Even taking a bath wasn't an option, as the water from the well was tepid at best, warm during the day, and citizens of the town were restricted on the amount of water that they could use. There was too little in this drought.

Sighing, Isetta returned to the inside of the tavern, climbing down the stairs from the bedroom area to the eating area. Looking around the room, she sighed. There was a bard singing the same songs he always sang where the unused fireplace lay against the wall. Pulling herself up to the bar, the tender looked to her with a grimace. “See anything sign that this heat wave is ending soon?” Ornon asked, walking over to lean on the bar surface.

“Sorry, big brother, nothing yet.” Isetta sighed as she leaned up over the bar, looking at the few meager bottles that rested underneath. “If the weather doesn't break soon, we're going to have  to close the bar!”

Ornon sighed and nodded. “I know.” he shook his head and lowered his chin. “I don't know what to do. If we don't have the tavern, we don't have food or tools ourselves.”
Isetta sighed and lowered her chin. “I can make water, being a druid, but …” she sighed again and shook her head. “Not much and that doesn't buy food.”

Both Isetta and Ornon were startled when a strange man down the bar began to speak to them, having not said a word previously. “It sounds like there's an adventure in all of this.” Although it was hot out, he wore a long, black cloak, the hood over his head. Boney fingers were steeples, arms resting upon the bar's surface.
Ornon canted his head to the side “What do you mean, old man? What's the point of adventuring to fix the weather?”

The old man smiled “My name is Tiberius, and I've got reason to believe that these past almost two months of heat and lack of rain are not due to just weather.” Tiberius pulled back his long hood, making it quite evident why he wore it. There was a large chunk of his cheek missing.

Reeling, Isetta looked away. “Who.. what... how..?” she stammered, lifting a hand to her mouth. “What happened?!”

Tiberius said a single word, though it was filled with fury. “Lizardfolk.”

Offline Toad-san-u

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: half-fox and half-frog
  • Coloring: Mostly green with red tipping
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: Very light
  • Build: Slim
Re: Storm Songs (open RP)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 05:43:36 AM »
A wagon roll around the corner, not far from the tarven. The wagon is being driven by a old grey wolf. He look up and hum to himself. “Little Zane. It time to wake and earn your keep.”

He look down the side of wagon. Under the wagon, there is a fox that barely can be seen unless one was looking hard enough. The black fox seem to be lightly swim...in mid air. He open his eye and let out a small hiss. “Seriously, It still this hot? Ugh. Ok, old man. Where is my new job?”

The fox grab the side of the wagon and began to move out of the belly shadow. However, area around his body simmer much like a one getting out of the water. The old wolf just point ahead of them. “Hmm, an oldie but a goodie. Ugh, I hope they have enough drink to get. This heat is killing me.”

“This heat is killing you? I in the middle and you in the shade. Don’t be crying to me, little pup. Now, this is your drop off. I heading out, I need to get finding some water to take back home. So I’ll be seeing you around later.” They pull to side of the traven. The fox hop out and walk in. He look around while walking to the bar. He shake his head and let out a small sigh as the counter was little of way above him.

“Every time.” he began to climb up on the bar stool. “Hey, what you got?

Sent from my RCT6513W87 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 07:39:19 PM by Toad-san-u »
........ RRRRMEW

Offline CookieSkunk

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • Mew?
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 11:33:31 PM »
Isetta looked from Tiberius to the short new-comer, and back, wanting to hear more but knowing her duties. "Sadly the stock is running low but I will gladly get you what we have! We have a bit of ale, some wine, and" she smiled, her head canting to the side "what seems to be on everyone's mind, a little bit of water." The lioness' tail swayed behind her as she leaned on the bar to be closer to the height of the black fox before her, waiting for his choice.

Beside her, she heard Ornon speaking in quiet conversation with Tiberius about the culture of Lizardmen, and whether or not they were actually considered dragons or lizards. She giggled softly "Does it really matter what they are?" she chimed in, before turning her attention back to the fox before her.

[was trying to wait for more people to respond =(]

Offline Toad-san-u

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 04:56:02 AM »
“I figured that you would have the water on short stock. I been running into this for some time. I not going to ask for water. I don't want to take any of that in case for your bar. Just give me ale, if you got weak ale then the weaker the better.” He smile back when he finally was able to get to the top of the stool. “If I can get some in some sheepskin. I pay as much you can give.”

He look around.”I wouldn’t mind for few rumor or a quick job of any kind" He reach into one of his pouches to pull out few gold coin. “Really anything, I just looking for something to do or learn about.”

Sent from my RCT6513W87 using Tapatalk

........ RRRRMEW

Offline CookieSkunk

• Avid Aardvark
  • Mew?
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 04:22:28 PM »
Isetta poured a mug of ale and set it on the bar, laughing softly. "Tiberius here was just telling use about some Lizardmen who he thinks are responsible for the heatwave." she laughed softly to herself. "It's 2 copper for the mug. I can pull up skins for 1 silver each." she added, looking to the small figure across from her. She wasn't sure his age, but most considered the age that you can climb onto the bar-stool old enough to drink weak ale. They were running low on their supplies, but the money would buy more, so she wasn't worried so much about that.

[Using prices from D&D. Skin holds 1/2 gallon]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 04:24:18 PM by CookieSkunk »

Offline Toad-san-u

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 12:46:05 PM »
Zane nod at the price as he pull out 3 gold coin. “Ok with me. I like 16 skin if you have that many. Here for the ale and the skin that hold them as well for the information.” He smile.

He tilt his head in confusion, “Now what this about the lizard people? That sound familiar to me.” He down the cup quickly and tap the cup for refill. "How they be the reason for our little heat bloom?"

........ RRRRMEW

Offline Ginger Ale

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: american badger/ground pangolin hybrid
  • Coloring: green
  • Height: 5' 10"
  • Weight: haven't measured in a while...
  • Build: A bit of muscle, but not a lot. Scales abound.
  • Currently: trying to make sense of everything
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 05:06:50 AM »
Tick, tick, tick, scrape. . . bzzzzt, tick, tick, tick, scrape. . . bzzzzt, tick, tick, tick, scrape. . .

The piercing noise of metal-on-metal scraping droned throughout the main room of the tavern. A pangolin-badger hybrid sat in a booth on the back wall of the tavern, muttering to himself while trying to fix a small device. He looks up for a moment, realizing that the entire tavern could hear his machine freaking out.

He cleared his throat, powered down his machine, and got up to get a drink.

"Um, sorry to interrupt -- what's the purest alcohol you sell here? I, uh. . . I need to clean some parts of my device, and my shop is on the other side of town."
"and maybe we weren't put on this earth to rape and pillage and ravage
because god created puppy dogs and god created kittens
and our love creates a power plant
that generates this world
and if we stop now
then we'll just disappear into oblivion"

-andrew jackson jihad

Offline CookieSkunk

• Avid Aardvark
  • Mew?
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 07:51:29 PM »
Tiberius grinned, old fingers steepling on the bar, his yellowed teeth showing as he prepared to go into a grand story of the lizardmen when he heard the noise from the other side of the room. Twisting around and glaring at the pangolin mix, he huffed, pulling his large cloak around his shoulders and grumbling to himself about manners.

Isetta and her brother both laughed loudly at the sight, motioning him over to the bar. "We have some pure grain alcohol. That's about the strongest we have; make your eyes water just smelling it." Isetta wiped a tear from the corner of her eye, pulling a stoneware jug from under the counter and setting it heavily on top. "Do you think that will do?"

Ornon walked down the bar to Tiberius and laid a hand on the older man's shoulder. "Come, now, tell us about the lizards."

Tiberius threw back his cloak's hood, revealing a twisted scar that ran down his face and neck, one eye a piercing blue and blind as the scar ran thru it, the other a brilliant green. "I've seen them up close. Barely escaped with my life. You see, they use magic, and sacrifice to keep the one they call Semuanya happy. They think this being a deity, I think it a wizard, or perhaps a lich. Either way... he, she, it, whatever... keeps the lands dry and the lizards happy. They must get something out of it."

Offline Ginger Ale

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 04:15:15 AM »
Fulvius sniffed the jar and nodded. Pure grain indeed -- more pure than anything from his usual supplier. Maybe he'd come back another time. That is, if he would even run out before the whole town died of thirst.

"Perfect, thank you ma'am. Um, how much for the jug? I run out of good cleaning supplies pretty quick." Fulvius shifted in his stance, keeping an eye on the old man from behind his dark glasses. He knew a bit about the lizardfolk, but they never seemed any different than other customers of his. Maybe tonight was a good night to get wasted after all.
and if we stop now

-andrew jackson jihad

Offline Toad-san-u

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2018, 04:35:01 AM »
Zane rest his chin in his hand, deep in thought, ‘Hmm. They do sound familiar…. Oh yeah. They not easy to play with.’

He watch the old man rambles on. Either out of curiosity or boredom, he not sure. Let his shadow awarenesses spread out into other people shadow to a "radar-like' to feel if any pouches feel any interest to him.

*Bing* His shadow sent back a ping. ‘Hmm, good size bag. Meh, at least this place won’t be a totally busted.’ Slightly smiling at the thought
........ RRRRMEW

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
  • Don't mess with me or YOU'LL be messed up
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Height: 11'7"
  • Weight: [SCANNER BROKEN]
  • Build: Solid and muscly
  • Currently: [RUNNING SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS...] STATUS: ONLINE | TARGET: RIOT
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2018, 02:26:57 AM »
The tavern doors open with a creak, and in enters a figure of a stronger stature then most, yet he was quiet and withdrawn, wearing a cloak and hiding his face. He walks to the bar, soft pads can be heard as he draws near the bar, before he sits down next to the mumbling old man. "You got something strong Isetta?" A voice comes out of the hood, gruff and quiet. He sighs quietly and is quiet, before a small bag of coins clinks as it hits the bench.

(How was that? If plot insists on Wilco not knowing the tavern owners, I'll change it. Although, It would make sense given that both of them are locals)

Offline CookieSkunk

• Avid Aardvark
  • Mew?
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2018, 02:31:10 AM »
Isetta was shocked at the offer to buy the entire jug of the grain alcohol. "Um...10 GP* for the whole jug." she said, ears lowering slowly. She hadn't been expecting him to want the whole jug, but it did make sense if he had to clean often. However, her ears lifted, her tail swayed, and she smiled sweetly to the wolf as he entered, reaching under the counter and pulling out an Old Fashioned glass, pouring it half full of amber whiskey, draining the bottle. She set it on the counter in front of the strong male and pushed it forward slightly. "It's good to see you, Wilco." she said softly, her eyes lidding half way. Blushing she turned away and busied herself with meticulously cleaning a pitcher at the other end of the bar.

Ornon laughed out loud and sidled over, leaning on the bar to whisper to Wilco "You know she likes you, right?" before heading into the basement to take stock of what they still had, and what they could afford to restock, all the while laughing.

Tiberious looked to Zane "Not nice, indeed. They use wicked twisted knives,  enjoy making their enemies suffer. I once heard they enjoy peeling skin from those they torture."

[[*Based on half the price of a bottle of whisky in Pathfinder, as it's made from corn mash, rather than grain]]

Offline Toad-san-u

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2018, 02:58:56 AM »
Zane tilt his head in confusion, “Now that just not good for business.” He look at Tiberious, “If I remember some of the rumor I heard about them while back. They should have a ability of a sort to see heat. Main reason why I never thought about visiting them.”

He lean onto the counter to create more shadow so his little radar have little more power. In end, his shadow taste only one type of metal in the *pling*. It was just a bag full of copper. Not enough for him to bother. He figure to just listen to Tiberious as it seem that he was only getting drink for road and little of information. He know that any info, no matter how little can be the biggest thing to know in the battle or on a job.

‘And beside,’ Zane smile while thinking to himself, ‘I do enjoy a good story and more often, old crazy give out best story or joke. And those knife he talking about sound little interest.’

........ RRRRMEW

Offline Ginger Ale

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2018, 05:08:01 AM »
"Wonderful, thank you ma'am," Fulvius handed over ten gold pieces.

Fulvius moved the jug back over to his booth, and made sure to pay attention to the conversation over at the bar. He didn't want to miss out on information about these lizards, especially considering how often they come into his store. Wouldn't want to be selling to a bunch of cold-blooded murderers.
and if we stop now

-andrew jackson jihad

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
  • Don't mess with me or YOU'LL be messed up
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Height: 11'7"
  • Weight: [SCANNER BROKEN]
  • Build: Solid and muscly
  • Currently: [RUNNING SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS...] STATUS: ONLINE | TARGET: RIOT
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2018, 12:21:39 AM »
Wilco giggles and, after downing the amber whiskey, calls Isetta over. "Hey Isetta..." He says quietly, putting the hood back and a blush evident on it. He looks cute like this. He grabs out a small box and hands it to her. "Happy late birthday..." He says, before listening in to the conversation on the Lizardmen. He had run into them a few times, and appreciated their handiwork and craftsmanship. of course, that was from a business perspective. From a personal perspective, they were nice, though somewhat tempermental when grog is involved.

He looks at Isetta with a smile and a crimson blush on his face, as he goes back to some childhood memories.