The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Icy Destinations (Relaunch)  (Read 10615 times)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Re: Icy Destinations (Relaunch)
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2018, 08:11:36 AM »
Ray shrugged and hitched his rifle up on his shoulder. “Then I will have this repaired upon the vessel. I don’t suppose you, Captain, will allow me to collect a boon from Father Gorrim?” He jostled the bag on his shoulder for emphasis. “I failed to pack fresh quills and ink. Partchment too, come to think of it. And extra cartridges. Maybe a holy symbol.” Ray continued talking to himself as he brought an ink stained paw to his chin in thought, adding a few more splotches on his face. The raccoon also began to pace, tracing the air with his free paw, writing a list only Ray could see.

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Don't mess with me or YOU'LL be messed up
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Height: 11'7"
  • Weight: [SCANNER BROKEN]
  • Build: Solid and muscly
  • Currently: [RUNNING SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS...] STATUS: ONLINE | TARGET: RIOT
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2018, 10:59:37 PM »
Wilco just watched everyone, staying silent and swaying slowly, now a sweaty bundle of fur. "Too hot... Will be outside if needed." With that, he exits the forge, waiting nearby, slowly cooling down, the sweat forming small droplets on his fur, before he shakes it off.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:02:17 PM by Wilco Whiteheart »

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Abandoned profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2018, 07:18:32 PM »
Pyro mentioned, "Hey, Mrs. Tuns! I have worked as a blacksmith on board of the Gearwheel-" his eyes shifted right, and he took a confused look while interrupting himself, "-No idea why that name-" As normal, "-Though I settled here eventually. So, when it comes to airships, I do have experience."

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2018, 04:44:01 AM »
Kikara nodded to Ray.  “Of course.  Grab everything you need,” she said.  After a pause, she glanced around.  “All of you, really.  You’ll want personal items and plenty to keep you busy.”

She watched Wilco leave, brow furrowed.  Heat sensitivity wouldn’t be an issue up top, but the kitchen always got hot.  It was too late to alter the windows in it to be more comfortable, but perhaps she could find a few spring fans in a nearby shop.  Kikara didn’t mind extra expense for comfort to her crew.

When Pyro mentioned the Gearwheel, though, her ears perked.  “Well, I’ll be damned.  That the silver Ice skimmer that Tasuan rumbles around in?  Nice speed on it.”
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2018, 05:59:25 AM »
Ray snapped himself from his trancelike murmuring and nodded. “I’ll be off then.”
He scurried off quickly, retracing his path to the church. The raccoon entered the building, excitement plastered across his face.
“Father Gorrim,” Ray cried. “I’ve found my vessel, and will be leaving quite soon. I’ve just returned for my effects.” Although he figured he wouldn’t hear Gorrim over his clomping boots, Ray didn’t notice the  note on the back of Gorrim’s armchair.
After collecting his gear, Ray made his way back to Gorrim’s lounge, picking up the note carefully, reading slowly.

‘Ray,
    By the time you return from your travels, I will have begun
my Great Expedition. I do not suspect that I will survive.
If you find me, bury me where I lay.
   I’m sure you are the one. He who will find the Machine.
~Gorrim’

Ray wiped away the tear in his eye and left the church. Perhaps this was how it was meant to be. The raccoon made his way towards the launch, hoping to bump into Kikara before the ship left.

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2018, 12:58:08 AM »
Wilco heard Kikara's call for them to grab their gear and he stands, checking his pouch. "Not much needed. Only staff, clothes and food." He says to himself, standing still and waiting for Kikara.

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2018, 07:20:13 AM »
Pyro replied, "Yeah, it's a fast one, but it wasn't exactly in any good shape. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to pick up some items from home." He grabbed his wand and left for home after letting everyone know he'd be away. There, he collected what he'd need. Clothing, some photos, some small miscellaneous items and of course his wand. When he returned at the forgery, he carried a suitcase in his one hand, the wand in his other and he also picked up his hat- he usually didn't wear it at work because it might catch fire.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2018, 12:18:30 AM »
Kikara watched them leave and turned to her two companions.  Lohiel watched the road.  Wind whipped up, challenging the fires in the lightpoles.  "Best be going soon.  Don't want to be made into a rug to keep someone else warm."

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2018, 02:00:56 PM »
When Pyro returned, he took a look at the other forgers. With some quick questioning, he came to Kikara with a pile of parts on a wheelbarrow. "Looks like your parts are all finished and ready for installation, Mrs. Tuns. Shall I help you with putting these on?"

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2018, 11:28:47 PM »
Wilco was standing near the entrance, waiting for the signal to go. "We going?" He calls out to Kikara, now snow covered, somehow.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2018, 03:54:42 PM »
Ray found himself seated on a barrel at the entrance of the ship launch, bundled nicely into the cold-gear Gorrim had left. He stared blankly at the icy-white powder as it whipped and played about.
‘Such cruel innocence,’ Ray thought. ‘Enraptures children, but it takes so much.’
Absently, his paw strayed to the blue orb that used to be his eye. The raccoon couldn’t quite remember exactly how it happened, all that he knew was that Gorrim had found him when Ray was but a baby. He held his head in his paws, patiently awaiting Kikara’s appearance.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2018, 05:08:46 AM »
The two bovine allies of Kikara had left quickly enough, not looking forward to the coming storm.  Ice already slicked roads and sidewalks.  Their noses were better off not joining that group.  It left Kikara with time to think.  Time to figure out her new crew.

It wasn’t a crew that worried her, all said.  Most needed training, sure, but they all did.  Her baby was custom, afterall.  Sorta.  Technically she’d been a custom make over, right on a burned out shell.  A lot was second hand, and it made flying her a test.  No, it was the fact that she hadn’t even properly unloaded.  The fabric run she’d done had weighed down the bow and she’d banked on getting a payment out of it.  Unless Creya had already unpacked the hold – not unusual with her crew in bad weather – they’d have to sell on the go.

Wilco’s voice pulled Kikara out of her thoughts, ears flicking toward him.  The snow covering his fur was… interesting.  Useful.  It would make for easy camouflage if he could stand it.  “Soon.  I don’t want to lose track of my new crew in the snow.” She smiled and chuckled as she spoke.  “You’re pretty close to getting lost as a snowman, eh?”

Kikara looked Pyro’s parts over quickly.  Right number, likely the right parts.  She pulled a simple purse out.  Kikara always preferred to keep the gold in small bags, precounted.  It made transactions easier, so long as she remembered to mark them.  “Many thanks.  Here you go.  I counted out what I was quoted, and the tip,” she said, passing it to Pyro.  “I’m not sure how you prefer to split it, so I’ll leave that up to you and your crew.”

Another gust of wind cracked ice off the roof and knocked it to the cobblestone.  Time to go.  “We’ll drop that at the ship on the way out to Creya’s.  Hopefully Ray will be meeting us there.”

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2018, 10:48:01 AM »
Pyro nodded and handed the money to the forge master. They would distribute it evenly among the workers who made the parts. He wasn't the boss, after all. He laid his case and wand on top of the parts, to make transporting them easier. Then, he waited for Kikara to move out.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2018, 05:08:30 PM »
In the meantime, a red panda was busy in his nonchalant-looking workplace. The workplace was somewhat away from the centre of town. It was recogniseable by a large, aluminium image of the red panda's logo on the door. Through the window one could look inside to see the red panda busy in his red worker suit as he was working on an old music box.

He didn't get a lot of customers. He didn't have to, really, though the slow-and-steady decline caused by the weather could mean trouble for him in the long run. The workplace was a little on the small side, but cozy and warm in contrast to the cold outside. There was an other door that led to another room where he kept everything needed for repairs, as well as most things that either were repaired by him or had yet to be repaired. It was silent in his place. All the red panda heard was himself as he busy on a partly demontaged music box. This one appeared to have a fairly simple mechanism, so it shouldn't be very hard to manage. He grabbed a screwdriver from the toolbox that was standing on an other, smaller workbench next to the one the music box was on as he continued his job.

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2018, 01:12:15 AM »
Wilco chuckles at Kikara's response, but stays silent now, thinking. He holds the staff in his hands, resting on it and thinking stuff over.