The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Art/Comic Hosting  (Read 16695 times)

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
Art/Comic Hosting
« on: June 18, 2009, 11:02:53 PM »
Hi all,

After a successful host of Xleena's comic, which will be released once all is finished I have decided that I will extend this offer to other users.

You may request hosting for your own comic, in which I will set up the relevant scripts, manage the comic and help you to run it and you have full access to upload new pages etc.

You can also request art hosting in which I'll set up a gallery for you to host your artwork if wanted. All this are being provided AS-IS and the offer may close at any time. This hosting will be free for the lifetime of your usage unless you use a large amount of server resources in which case I can move you over to a paid hosting account on the same server.

I also offer paid hosting accounts for those wanting it, just post in this thread or contact me. The comics will be located on the same server as these forums and currently have a 99.98% uptime since the server was first booted up.

All these deals can also be supplemented with advertisements with 60-70% of all revenue going directly to yourself.

Just post in the thread or PM me, the possibility for advertisement is marked for the future if people are interested. If a large number of people show interest the system will be altered to allow easier usage for myself and the possibility of setting up your own without having to contact me. We'll see how things go.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 10 Poster
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
Re: Art/Comic Hosting
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 07:49:30 PM »
hmm.... I'll put in a request to try out this new form, the gallery idea sounds pretty cool.
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 07:54:42 PM »
PM me with the details regarding it and I'll sort it out with you :)

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 11:59:44 PM »
Hi all,

The software used for the comics has now been updated and we are already hosting 3 comics!

Latest information is available here - http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?page=6

You will soon be able to sign up for the comic yourself, we're just finalising everything.

Offline Kyanbu the legend

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • King of Dragons
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Kyanbu's house
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 11:13:57 PM »
Oh this is some pretty interesting news. Once I finish the script for Mischief Knights OCS 1. I'll have to request one of these my self.

Is there a limit to how many people can do this at one time? If so then how many can sign on?
Current Story(es): Mischief Knights [PG-13]   Current Art Gallery: Kyanbu's Art Gallery   My Forum: kyanbu's house, A nice place to chill

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 04:57:06 PM »
No limits at this time, no. :)

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 06:40:44 PM »
I may be interested, considering I have a comic I am working hard on at the moment but have not shown anyone yet.

However, I have a question:

Is there a rule on double hosting? Because I would also like to host my comic on another site as well, at the same time (nothing against your site and nothing against their site, I simply want to spread my art around to as many people as possible) but I do not know if I would get in trouble for that being I got caught.  x_x

x

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 07:47:56 PM »
Nope, not a problem. :)

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 05:55:57 PM »
Hey Tweak, I'm starting a comic and would like it if you could set me up a site, please. :)
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 11:35:31 PM »
PM me the name of it and a brief introduction and I'll get it sorted ASAP.

Offline Old Man Outlaw

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • DeviantArt
    • Personal gallery site
    • Awards
  • Species: Polar Bear
  • Coloring: White
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 01:05:10 AM »
I have a comic that I have an active Kickstarter campaign for right now. Is it considered bad form to post the link to the Kickstarter page on these forums?
"Ah, as I suspected. 32 flavors!"