The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Spriteworks from Vosur (Mark 2)  (Read 40331 times)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: Spriteworks from Vosur (Mark 2)
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2016, 04:48:21 PM »
Set number 6

Jet Force Gemini inspired sprites/designs.  Yep, instead of the JFG symbol for the shuriken, I made them in to "Throwing S's" The one I really am not sure about is the Tri-Rocket Launcher design. It doesn't really look right to me.

For any of those who have played Wild ARMs Alter Code F (first Wild ARMs remake for the PS2), you may recognize this sword design as it belonged to Jack Van Burace, the sword being called the Artica Blade. I rather like how this one came out.

And on the same tangent as the previous one, another weapon from Wild ARMs Alter Code F, this one belonging to Rudy Roughknight.

Dunno where I was going with this one, but I think I was just figuring out in doing random props.

A bow worn on the neck like a pet would wear. I think I sized this one for a smaller character though.

Some status bars made in the style of the older Final Fantasy series games. I think I did pretty well in recreating the look.

A pocketwatch that belongs to a rather unique and classy demon. It always reads 06:06:06 no matter if it's wound up.

A pair of magnum-style pistols with a set of kama-style blades at the end. The individual using these would have a Preying Mantis style of melee-combat when using these.

A trumpet made of iron.

Yep, that's the sword of the Legend of Zelda series. No reference was used as I did this one from memory. I don't think I even used a reference for sizing either.

A simple katana. I was trying to play around with shapes a bit more to try to make a true katana shape, but I think I made this one's handguard too big/bulky.

A talon-pommeled Khukuri, probably not the most able to be wielded of the weapons I've made so far, but I kinda liked that I tried a design that was out of the ordinary.

And a set of tribal weapons: bow-and-arrows (including a drawn bow), along with a spear, blowdart gun, a set of bolas (no line attached to them since that can easily be drawn in), and a tribal style knife.

A simple core-powered safari rifle. Any weapon design that isn't 'energy' based may use a core in a mag-rail style if it doesn't have a visible firing mechanism. Those are simpler designs since shells don't need to be ejected or slides to be moved.

I kinda tried my hand at making a rapid-firing syringe-launcher in the style of a Thompson... and I have no earthly idea why I ended up with this.

Yep, that's a rocket launcher with a magnet on the tip of the rocket. There's also an EMP grenade as well. So yes, there're robots/cybernetic villains in the comic, and thus such anti-robot weapons would be used.

And that'll conclude this set.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 04:43:15 AM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2016, 03:35:36 PM »
Wow, it's so nice to see someone else using MS Paint!  Great work Vosur  :D

Hope to see some more!

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2016, 06:12:21 PM »
Set 7

Tried to get further with shading to mimic the bending of a crossbow's bend. Kinda made it a compound crossbow instead of a recurve one.

A random assortment of gear the heroes might have on their person, the item on the right is a folding levitation-stretcher (hence the folded up state and the open state).

A set of grenades. Nothing more.

A certain Doc Brown would be pleased.

A set of glasses designs made for a character (no transparency effect added)

The goggles, they do nothing!

The doc's got more items.

Someone's gotta be a contender.

Pen, Pencil, and Quill.

Don't make a mess out of this mess kit.

Had an odd moment remembering the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Simple shackle with ball and chain.

Casey Jones would be proud.

Anyone have a sweet-tooth?

Played around more with certain effects, and yes, these are the different modes of the Chozo Armor (Varia Armor)  Arm-cannon from the Metroid series. This version being closer to the Prime games. Also, a Maru Mari (Morph Ball) just because.

A group of items for a GOOD necromancer in Toren's comic. Yes; the book talks, that's a large and sharp knitting-needle, and that's a black candle.

A jukebox. Primarily it was made using MS paint, but for the gradient-effect, I used paint.net.

And some simple playing cards. I found these rather interesting to make, a balance of keeping the details without sacrificing in making them too big.

And this concludes this set.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 06:39:49 AM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2016, 06:37:33 PM »
Those playing cards are some sort of magic... not sure if detail is there or implied O.o

Love the grappling hook gun/launcher thing in the assorted gear!

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2016, 06:53:14 PM »
Not really magic, just simple playing cards like you'd see for playing games like poker or solitaire. I did the Joker and the "backs" of the cards up at the top, but I had to do each card face and had to try to make each of the suit's symbols as best as I could.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2016, 03:24:28 AM »
Round 8 (told you all I had a bunch)

A lock-pick kit for locks ranging from simple shackles to complex terminals.

And decided to try to make an electric "throwing S", made a disposable type and a rechargeable/reusable type.

A fletchette-gun based off of the TF2 Medic's syringe gun.

And had a moment from watching Despicable Me.

A pair of swords designed for someone, lightning effect made by TorenZabbic.

Yep. Batteries.

And a bow to go along with the twin-swords not long ago.

Another custom weapon, this time for a necromancer.

Now if you're wondering why this matches somewhat to the previous bow, this one was actually scrapped for a remake done (which I'll probably not show due to it being in the sprite-sheet with the character), but I found that some aspects would work well for an item for someone else. I did keep the arrows to be used elsewhere, but the bow did need an overhaul to get the concept right.

Another pair of custom swords for someone.

An assortment of throwing weapons from various sources.

A remote-controlled amphibious camera drone with a grappling hook, I have the sprite-sheet for it, but here is assembled version.

A chain-gun based off of the Apache's front-turret

Random items that would most likely be improvised into something. I think I had finished watching MacGyver when I made these.

A standard Jedi-style light-saber. This is where I started to learn how to do plasma-blade effects.

An assembled aerial drone with a flight camera and a tracking camera underneath.

A pair of weapons for someone. One is an energy Sai, the other is a blaster crossbow.

Originally, this was to be a weapon for a rather unique marksman, this pistol being rather accurate yet fast-firing. The pistol was based off of the Mataeba Unica 6 autorevolver. Toren saw it and decided to make it into a gunblade type of weapon.

And decided to make a combat cross type of chain-whip, complete with a silver-stake pommel, iron chains, silver spike-tips, and a jade inlay.

That'll conclude this set for now.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 03:51:12 PM by Vosur Aekira »

guest22811

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2016, 12:15:34 PM »
Dang, I just came across this thread and thought it was fairly interesting, eh 0_o
I like it  >.>

Extremely impressive for MS Paint XD

The gun sprites are awesome  B)

Keep it up!

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2016, 03:18:35 PM »
Round 9

A couple of sets for a rather unique character. A marksman who does not rely on sight to make pinpoint precision shots, as he is blind. The first set is for a Wild West revolver that was modified to be able to fire standard revolver bullets along with using coin-like laser 'bit' units that will fire at the aimed target if they are scattered into the air and the trigger is pulled. As for the right set, a set of sniper rifles (anti-materiel and anti-personnel) along with a pump-action shotgun and a standard combat knife. As for the character, he does tend to collect wild-west era weapons and bring them back to tip-top shape, though the anti-materiel rifle at the top is a unique case.

A bunch of different types of flowers, yes, some of them are a bit famous, though the others are generic or specially-designed ones.

A bunch of musical instruments (with a recolor of the trumpet)

A pair of shield-blades based off of the MWS V3 from the Xenosaga series, with a little explanation on how they would be set up.

Decided to make a quick-use rocket launcher, based off of the LAW.

An unusual weapon, this is a maul mixed with a two-hand battle ax. If you're wondering who it's for, it's for a rather vulgar-vocabulary enabled shopkeeper.

Here are a couple of weapons for a pair of necromancers: unique shovels. Now, in this story, necromancers are normally shovel-blade weapon users, but there are exceptions.

And some aged/decrepit looking weapons. Yes, I know, I re-used some of my older sprites with texture-recolors, this was more of a color/texture practice to see if I could get aged wood and aged iron to look right.

And some random types of shotguns... along with a Noisy Cricket just for the sake of saying I was able to make that too.

It would be hard to explain each and every single one of them in this one post, so I may devote a separate post to explaining each of them.

And this will conclude this set for now.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 08:20:07 AM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2016, 06:08:17 PM »
I'll reserve the explanations for each of the ones from that last image if someone wishes to ask, but for now I'll leave it be.

Round 10

Probably one of my more time-consuming botched ideas ever. I made the vehicle too small height-wise for the characters to be in without perma-kneeling in it and it doesn't help that attempting to texture this thing my usual way took over a WEEK just for the main body. Probably the portion I seem to like out of all of this would actually be the landing gear. The flames' texture effect actually was made viable by a different friend of mine who wished to practice a bit with photoshop at the time.

And here is a weapon concept for a villain from my own stories, who may or may not have a working in the comic. It is a Chinese straight-edged broadsword called a jian, but this one has a gas-ejector that runs out of the tip of the sword, the actual mechanism for it is loaded into the pommel. The blue gas will make someone lethargic, and the red one is most likely to kill if exposed too long. If you wonder about the name, it is a strange one for a weapon.

A bow with a dragon-wing motif to the curve of it. No, this isn't the remake I intended, though the person who will use this bow will have some arrows of a similar nature.

Remember the magnum pistols with the kama blades at the end of them? Well, a person that was asking for some inspiration saw them and wanted to have something like that for her own character, so I gave her the blessing for that, she ended up with these above (but hand-drawn for herself), so I made them into a sprite-counterpart for her character in the comic. What we cannot see is that these pistols have a total of seven barrels (we only see three due to it being a side-profile): a standard single barrel for semi-auto standard ammunition and six others for grenade-launching style shots. The kama blade at the ends of these pistols are retractable as well.

Decided to try a hand at plasma-weapons again, deriving the designs from Phantasy Star Universe (not Online), but if you're wondering why the constant green and red motif? Well, I intended these for an unusual army... and no, not one ran by a crazy Saint Nick.

Some days you get one of these.

A comparison of a weapon that was designed by Toren (though the glow effect didn't translate well) on the left, then at the center and right was a similar weapon designed by me in the expanded and collapsed form.

And sometimes, there are quadrapedal 'pets' that would enjoy playing with these.

Some more food, this one made later than the previous sets.

Remember back to the night-stick hidden in the cane? Similar idea here, but made into an expanding double-bladed plasma scythe. All the more suitable weapon for the classiest of demons.

A blaster pistol that becomes a light-saber type of weapon. Similar in design to Zero Suit Samus Aran's Paralyzer from the Smash series, but doesn't act like a whip.

A demolitionist's dream come true. Yes, that's a beam-knife used for lighting the fuses. I think I ran out of mental steam for the bottom row, so it just got silly.

And with that, this set will be concluded.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 08:30:53 AM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2016, 05:29:29 PM »
Necromancer's sword is badass!

With your plasma blades, do you just use one colour and white or is there another lighter version separating them?  I know it looks like there is but Paint blurs adjacent colours itself I've found.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2016, 08:44:00 PM »
When I do plasma textures, I've found out that the best way to get the most crisp transitions for sprites is to go with a base for white, the very edge being the color you want to be most visible, then the second and third outer layers being just between the white and the base color.

So sometimes I use four colors and sometimes I use three. It depends on how thick I need the plasma to be.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2016, 04:39:22 AM »
And set number 11

Figured some farm equipment that would double as weapons was in order.

Some items themed from the legend of zelda game series. Yes, the red staff is off kilter due to the counterweight on it, but it looked odd without something to balance it.

Turok 2 weaponry, most of them I'm proud of, just not proud of the Cerebral Bore main body.

A peculiar ray-gun of sorts for a character

A bit of an equipment upgrade for a character who has retractable chainsaws in her arms, the red-splotched ones were her old ones. The newer ones are the black-iron ones, then an upgrade to that would be the jade imbued ones. In the story, necromancers are most often weak against Jade as it is considered a holy material. And you're probably wondering about that camera... I ended up making that on the same sheet (I don't know why), but I left it, so Toren used it in the comic for her.

A big bug net.

A rather unique revolver pistol that uses special gem "bullets" to fire elemental shots instead of physical projectiles.

Random food for various creatures, and yes, some eat bugs and spiders.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 03:50:09 PM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2016, 06:20:25 PM »
Nearing the end of my list as I'm intentionally not revealing certain sprites that are possibly story-breaking OR possibly rule-breaking (since character sheets may have nudity to them).

So onto Set 12:

A couple of weapons, one on the right being an ARM from Wild ARMs 5 and the other on the left being a prototype idea that I scrapped: a mace/heavy-pistol combination.

A random assortment of melee and handheld throwing weapons sold by the ever-most lovable and vulgar-vocabularied weapons shopkeep.

A random assortment of firearms (both 'cored' and powder-based) sold by the ever-most-cursing weapons shopkeep in history. The right side was mostly made by Torenzabbic on FA (the same person as I had been learning from and contributing to for the sprite comic he makes).

Remember that hand-shovel and the talking-book I showed previously? Well, they belong to the same person, and this shovel gets a 'custom' upgrade, having a gas-injector of it's own. The gas it ejects is not lethal at all, but will leave an opponent distracted for a long enough time for the good necromancer to escape.

Some random oil containers. Was working on a bit of perspective with the fallen over drum, but the small oil-can might be used, not sure about the drum though.

Hoo boy. This one's got a lot to it despite the items being smaller than most of the others. Upper left, a custom-color leyline system for the PDW and custom color for the core for the machine pistol. Then next we have a simple plasma-hybrid balisong, simple and straightforward. Next on that same line we have an injector switch-blade with various vials for poisons/substances of different types. The next line is where I think I got some ideas from multiple sources, that being the Welrod bolt-action silenced pistol from World War 2 and from the Golden Gun from the 007 movie The Man with the Golden Gun. The bottom two are a normal balisong and a blue damascene switchblade knife, still playing around with replicating the water-like texture that damascus steel has.

Yep, that's a custom rolling pin. It can heat up or cool down to any degree needed.

A claw staff/kama/nunchaku weapon designed for a an anthro-feline who had her claws removed.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:10:42 PM by Vosur Aekira »

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2016, 06:35:04 PM »
Those feline claw weapons look awesome!

Dat rolling pin doe! O.o

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2016, 06:47:49 PM »
Thank you. I only have a few left, but photobucket's acting up a bit.