The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coalition Operations III: Deception of the Iron Bear  (Read 19193 times)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
Re: Coalition Operations III: Deception of the Iron Bear
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2019, 09:32:13 PM »
Once the others were off the bridge, Viktor looked to Ori. "They know. But they find it odd, as I do, that I was asked for by name. Like this... Rykov person knows me. Near as I can tell, I've never met him. That being said..." Viktor closed his eyes, reaching out with the Force, before saying, "... Something isn't right. There is a disturbance in the Force, but it's so... so subtle, I can barely make it out." He opened his eyes and looked again to his love. "Whatever happens down there... keep your head on, and I'll get to you as soon as I can. I have a bad feeling that this is more than what we were told." He shook his head, looking to one of the holographic panels. "Rykov..." he muttered. "... Korari... Rykov..." he mumbled something, but eventually shook his head. "You'd better go get prepped, sweetheart. I'll meet you in the hangar."
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2019, 02:03:20 AM »
Valentine found that, for the first time in weeks, she couldn’t focus enough to calm her mind. With a huff, she stood and made her way to the hangar. She had adjusted the psychic isolation helmet she wore. The thing acted as a focusing lens for psychics, blocking most outside sources and amplifying inner sources. Though the constant headaches and the helmet biting her scalp she could do without.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2019, 08:38:07 AM »
"Don't worry, Wolfy; if the Voth weren't able to kill me, no single Xenomorph will, either." Ori said, after she had run over Viktor' head with her hand, she walked down through the corridor and got inside her room. She had nothing to say even, so she was finding what Viktor told her a little strange as well. Perhaps there could be something personal between Rykov and Viktor, but that's only a guess. Because any time Ori had something personal with anyone, she got called by her name too. So sticking to the plan was the option for now. Inside the room, Ori has checked her fully charged warframe and jumped into it, turning the suit on. And she was glad to feel the go-to metal once again. Once done, Arashi has picked her link gun, stuff and ran toward the hangar.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 04:11:08 PM by XIII »
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2019, 12:03:41 AM »
Krystel could sense the 'Dark wolf' and the 'odd human' still in the bridge, The vixen mentally growled "People need to friggen learn when it's time for attachments' She grumbled to herself heading to her own room...
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2019, 04:49:30 AM »
After an extensive check on all of his equipment, he loaded most of it on the transport that would get sent to the hangar and depending on what the ROE's were, would determine what equipment he would load onto the transport and what he would put into standby.  If the Draconis had a normal crew, he might get odd looks at how much weaponry the Rohkah had brought with him.  He wasn't sure what was worse though, the fact that he had quite a bit of weapons loaded on the cart...or the fact that this was but a small fraction of all the weapons he had stored elsewhere.  Once the cart was loaded, he sent it on its way to the hangar before he began to put on his own battle suit.  Unlike what the UNSC had for its Spartans, the Rohkah battle suit was designed to allow the individual to dawn the armor themselves as well as being able to remove the armor at will.

Sohdakin did not wait for the call to arrive at the hangar as he headed that way after he got his armor on and powered up.  Once in the hangar he would do a walk around both the transports, looking them over as well as where he would be sitting.  He wanted to familiarize himself with the craft, not wanting any suprises should they run afoul during the combat drop.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2019, 09:23:14 PM »
Some time later, the call came to muster in the hangar. Viktor was already en route when the Draconis Furiam hit orbit over LV-1201, and when he got to the hangar, he told anyone present, "Everyone, lock and load and get aboard - we launch the moment we clear atmo." He then boarded the drop ship himself. A hologram Romulan sat at the pilot's controls, and a B1 Droid at the copilot controls.

It was go time.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2019, 12:06:44 PM »
Valentine ran a paw across the hull of the dropship. Her brother had left Mongdrigo years ago, before the blockade and isolationist ideals, joining some machine-worshipping cult from the back end of nowhere. She had gotten a few messages from him months ago, but they were little more than cursory check ins and how-do-you-do’s. He would’ve knelt before the craft and praised it, praying for safe landing. With a shrug, Valentine dismissed the thought and boarded. “Captain,” the raccoon girl said with a nod in Viktor’s direction, though her eyes were obscured by her semi-conical headpiece.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2019, 05:02:00 PM »
Even though Ori was an engineer, she trusted Viktor enough, so checking the dropship was an overkill. Besides, the vessel before her eyes Arashi tested several times before the operation, so no issues should be with the transport, at least no major. She was in doubt till today if rocket armaments make any sense. Ground troops supporting? Space combat assistance? One clear shot and the vessel is gone. The ship isn't designed for a battle. Maybe... for an operation like this, yet Ori wanted to be sure that it's right. But it wasn't the last question which she has been worried about. She has a lot of them but has no idea how to make it as a single question. There was no time for this.

"Let's get this done.". Said Ori, hoping there will be no turbulence during the landing as this scenario hasn't been tested.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 05:04:42 PM by XIII »

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2019, 05:41:31 PM »
A Red armored Spartan Canine walked into the hanger,the metal bottomed shoes of her armor pinging on the metal floor as she walked into the Dropship "This better not be a waste of my time." The canine Spartan grumbled, as her armor's shield powered up a teal energy field engulfing her suit as she powered up the combat systems of her armored suit.  The Canine, obviously Krystel, pulled back on her Battle rifle's bolt, with a loud click her gun was primed to fire. "Do us all a favor and don't get in my way and let the big guy  do the heavy lifting he's got the biggest gun, after all." The vixen grumbled crossing her arms over her chest Rifle in one hand, Pistol 'clipped' magnetically to her hip.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 05:46:03 PM by Alessia Starfurr »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2019, 03:01:25 AM »
The large armored Rohkah had been waiting by the transport when the call to muster came. His gear was already stowed in the seat closest to the door as he would need to be the first out the door, which also meant he would be the last to board the craft.  So when Viktor entered the hangar, he stood tall and saluted the wolf "Sir! Who has lead on the ground?" he asked and remained outside he craft as more of the team arrived. Sohdakin gave the small Raccoon female a curt nod as she shuffled onto the dropship. Then as Arashi and Krystel arrived he patted the side of the craft "Welcome to the express elevator to hell!" he said and smirked at the armored canine as she made her usual grumpy remark, though he wouldn't disagree with her last part. "You do your part and I will do mine.  You are part of a team now, Spartan.  Best you remember that.  We all need to count on one another and you acting all grumpy isnt helping us start to trust that you will have our back when shit hits the fan and it most likely will"

Sohdakin would lean over and down to meet her gaze with his own "You, Spartan, are no longer the big dog in town.  Lets play nice, shall we?"

Offline Lacar Lacrest

• Boisterous Bear
  • Howdy!
    • Awards
  • Species: shark
  • Coloring: Mostly made up of light blue and light gray.my eyes and hair are a darker blue
  • Height: 7'4
  • Weight: 192lbs
  • Build: A thin,slightly muscular body
  • Currently: I'm good all around
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2019, 07:31:08 PM »
The cybernetic shark sat in the seat closest to the cock pit being a backup pilot in case anything went wrong he was required to do so. He fiddled with the terminal on his wrist adjusting some settings here and there for his nano ware armor. Though he hadn't gone to the briefing due to checkups he made on the ship he already knew what the objective was from listening in over comms. He watched as the rest of the team gathered and spoke amongst themselves not paying much mind to them.
Feeling fantastic and ready to go! I'm a lone wolf fighter cause don't like putting others in danger and would take a bullet for any friend who needs it.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2019, 10:25:00 PM »
The Draconis Furiam dropped out of Transwarp over LV-1201. From orbit, everything appeared normal. The ship descended through the atmosphere normally, and as soon as the ship was inside, the hangar doors opened, and the dropship took flight, heading for the AO. The first ten minutes were uneventful, outside of the vibrating hull due to inclement wind and weather conditions. All was quiet until the Pilot piped up over the radio, "Reading 1500 meters to the landing beacon." Mintutes later, she spoke again: "Wait a minute - where's the damn facility? We should be right on top of it!" Moments later, alarms in the cockpit started going off. "WHAT THE--?!" the pilot shouted, cursing in her native tongue. "HANG ON!" The dropship lurched, then shuddered as it hit something. The ship landed moments later, and the boarding ramp lowered.

"T'liss, where the hell did you learn to fly?!" Viktor growled.

"Flight school," the Holo-Romulan responded. "Same place that taught me not to fly blind in hurricane winds!"

"What'll it take to get airborne?" Viktor asked.

"A landing beacon, and wind shear data, for a start. Plus, the ship's a little beat up; stabilizer's jammed. I could fix it, but it would take me an hour or so. The antenna's fried, though," T'liss replied.

"That won't be an issue - once we secure the LZ, we'll control an entire subspace array," Viktor said. "Ori, take Sohdakin and Lacar and make for the facility, get the power online and get that beacon activated. rest of us will remain here and tend to the dropship. Remember to keep your video cameras on, and we can guide you from here. Move out."

(Sohda, you're up when it hits your post. Remember what we discussed. Everyone else, what Sohda does was discussed between him and me.)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2019, 12:46:25 AM »
Valentine stepped out of the lander, steadying herself with the massive icon she carried while re-adjusting the helmet she wore. After a few seconds, she drew her weapon and scanned the area. "We seem to...be clear." She turned and waited for the others. Although she was many things, a point-man she was not.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2019, 03:49:16 AM »
A growl and a grumble could be heard from under one of the seats that had broken off it's hinges.."LEARN TO FLY  YA Green Pointed-eared Broccoli!"Krystel growled as she got up throwing the broken seat out of the dropship with the full power of her  armored suit , not careing if the leather seat hit anybody on it's way out or not. "What? could you repeat that?" She asked Viktor not hearing what he had said on account of being on the floor of the dropship....

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2019, 09:30:06 AM »
Ori looked surprisingly on the vixen as her words made the female Orokin a little frown and made her smirk. Course, under warframe' helmet it wasn't seen, so Ori has just turned her head to Krystel side. Her arrogance Arashi didn't like, and she hoped that Viktor too. Even as a mercenary, she is too self-confident. On an unknown planet, it's not a great choice. Arashi would believe in such words by Viktor as she has known him for years. But pinpoint-eared female didn't want to discuss or argue about Krystel' statement as she thought, that the time will show the importance of teamwork. As Sohdakin correctly stressed it out.

"Viktor and I will do what we think is right.". Ori said right before the dropship hit something and the female fall to the floor, ignoring pain feeling being a little shocked of the happened. As she was afraid, it probably was a case she hasn't tested. If only she might get be prepared for this, Ori would handle as her suit was capable of climate control and everything related to the weather. That's why Ori added later as she knew, that the happened wasn't entirely caused by the dropship pilot only. "It's not her fault."

Upon landing, Arashi grabbed a rack with engineering stuff, placed a video recorder upon her helmet and headed to exit of the dropship. And this is where she met Lacar. She was pretty sure that she hadn't seen this guy on the bridge, but then she recalled his case. And she was glad, that she wasn't the only starship engineer here as she was once he, Spyra and Viktor had taken this ship on Corellia from hands of pirates... or whoever they have been. But she wasn't too much glad by the planet environment - it was way dark. Luckily, her suit has had a night vision. And in such dark, the whole team is going to do their mission. The only positive moment in all this was her squad, which she considers pretty good; thus, she can get her familiar herself with two guys more closer.

"Yes, sir. Sohdakin, Lacar, let's go, guys". Ori said and after she checked her position on the map, moved out to the entrance of the LZ, which was beyond the rock hill. During the time the squad has been traveling to the facility, Ori decided to use the time in-between to get familiar herself with teammates better. As her experience has shown it, such things always help. "How does Viktor had found you before the operation, guys?"
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 04:06:26 PM by XIII »